O N E

Emma stood outside and grinned at the scene before her. The air was cool and the sun was out, but not everybody was smiling. The dean and headmaster of Regis chatted quietly, talking about who pulled the prank of all pranks.

  The headmasters furniture was placed exactly how he left it the night before outside in front of the school. Everyone knew who did it, even Emma who didn't even go to the school knew.

"You," the dean pointed to Billy Tepper, a boy Emma knew fairly well from her previous visits, "and you," this time at Joey Trotta, "you two," he pointed to Ricardo Montoya and Jonathan Bradberry, then he made a hand motion To Hank Giles. The culprits.

  The dean told them that they had to put it back exactly where they found it. The boys didn't say anything, smirks plastered across their faces as they looked around at the students. Then the dean said something that made Emma's mouth drop.

  "And you, Miss Reid, have the privilege of helping these fine lads as your father is teaching classes today and you have nothing to do."

  Emma stared at Mr Parker but didn't say a word. There was no use arguing with the man, so she begrudgingly trudged up next to Billy Tepper and hit him in the arm.

  "This is all your fault."

  They had returned the furniture back to the Headmasters office in a matter of 2 hours. Sweat was beating down Emma's face as she placed her hands on her thighs.

  "Next time you guys pull a prank like this, make sure I'm not here."

  "Hey, we didn't know you were here." Billy said as he wrapped an arm around her. Emma pushed it off.

Emma was friends with all the boys. But her and Billy had this connection, like they were always meant to be friends.

Her father had been working at Regis for a while now, and every so often Emma would come up and visit him. She had the pleasure of meeting Billy Tepper one fine morning when he dropped a water ballon on her head meant for the guard. It was friendship at first prank.

  The Chappell Bells rang, signalling that it was time for lunch. Together the six of them walked, laughing and joking.

  "So miss Reid," Snuffy started to mock the Dean. "If you had to chose between us, which one would you date?" The guys all mummered, looking at her.

  "To be completely honest none of you-" "
"hey!"
"That's not really nice Miss Reid." "After all I've done for you?"
"I can't believe you would say that."

  "But!" Emma started to laugh at the boys responds. "If I had to, I'd say Ricardo." The four boys stopped. "What?!" "C'mon have you seen those muscles?" Ricardo pushed past the rest of them and put his arm around Emma. "Why hello."

  Emma was joking. She didn't like any of them like that. But she liked to play around as well, and seeing the look on the four boys faces when she didn't say their names made her smirk.

  Joey Trotta walked up next to her after Ricardo had slipped back in his place next to Snuffy. "You'd really pick him over me?" Emma rolled her eyes. "Shut up."

  As the group walked into the cafeteria Emma got this weird feeling in the pit of her stomach, like something bad was about to happen. But she just brushed it off as she stood in line with her friends.

  But the feeling grew stronger and stronger until she was cringing in pain.

  "Hey Em, you okay?"
She looked up at Billy and nodded her head. "Yea, just a cramp it's all good." But then it became unbearable as she finally figured out why it was hurting.

  Gunshots were heard throughout the building.

  Big men with even bigger guns burst through the doors. Nobody moved nor dared speak. Until one man lifted his weapon and shot it in the air.

  Everyone dove for cover, Billy put his hands over Emma's head as they crouched down by Joey.

  What was going on?
______
Hi!
Yes it's short but it'll be longer as the chapters go on.
Toy soldiers is one of my all time favourite movies and I've Been wanting to write a story for it for a while so, here it is!
I hope you enjoy it :)
Leave a like and a comment, if you want to anyways haha
Kenn :)