E I G H T

Emma was back in the helicopter sooner then she had hoped. They were headed in the direction of the school, an action Emma had protested deeply since they told her they would.

   If they saw us they could attack, not only would we be blown out of the air but the school would be destroyed, along with every single person in it.

   The amount of times shes repeated this, anyone on the helicopter could repeat it perfectly just before the words would even leave her mouth. They still wouldn't listen.  They still kept going. They were etching closer and closer towards the school, it peaked through the trees and Emma could just make out two bodies on the roof, along with one on the ground. The thumping in her chest returned harder than it ever had, but she kept her mouth closed. If they caused a scene who knows how many bodies would be lifeless, bloody, another member of the ground. The thought overwhelmed her.

   Emma kept her eyes on Billy. One second. Two seconds. The bell was ringing. Three seconds. Four seconds. Oh god. Five seconds. Six seconds. He's not going to make it. Seven seconds. Eight seconds. Jesus Billy you gotta go. Nine seconds. Ten seconds. I wonder who the 5 will be.

The school became clearer. Larger. More real. The men on the roof were real. Billy on the ground was real. The explosives lining the building was real. Real. Real. Real. The shooting at the Helicopter next to them was real. "I told you." It turned away, probably headed back to base. That was the smartest idea, the one where they would live for another few hours, but they still. Kept. Going. And now that she thought about it, it was a good thing. The men on the roof would be distracted which would give Billy the chance to run back to the cafeteria. Keep going.

She could just make out his body  running like hell back to the school. Closer, closer, closer. The Helicopter turned around and started to follow the other one. Billy had made it. Lets just hope he had a damn good excuse on why he was late. And that  there's no one dead today

   oh please, let no one die today.

____________
Hello. So we meet again.
This is loooooong over due but I've had such writers block and school had me stressed out for pretty much the remainder of the year.
It's summer now so that means I have literally nothing to do so hopefully I'll be able to write.
I say this really loosely.
Because I've been gone so long I thought I would upload 2 chapters. This one and chapter 9 so I hope you guess enjoy it and THANK YOU SO MUCB FOR 2k reads!!! Omg I never thought I would see that many people read my story!! All your reads and comments mean so much to me and I appreciate every single one! So yea, enjoy these 2 chapters and hopefully it won't take me a bajillion years to write chapter 10.

-Kenn xx