N I N E

"This basement the kids were talking about. Its not on the maps."
"But exists, I've been in it."

They had made it back to base and Emma has once again begged to be in on the discussion. She was confident in the fact that everyone there, Besides Mr Parker, loathed her. Thought she made everything more difficult. She didn't care. They weren't her friends. Her friends were trapped in a school. These people could plan to stake her if she ever stepped foot in their tent again but it still wouldn't change the fact that she would go anywhere she knew that had just a tiny percent of getting them out of there.

The men talked some more about the basement and how Billy was going to try and switch the chips in the bomb with an airplane thing Yogurt had made. Emma listened intently, and tried to make as less sarcastic remarks as she could.

The old man in charged walked over. Emma didn't really like him. "It's over," He said. "Washington has ordered us to make a deal, whatever it takes to get the hostages free." Emma wanted them free more than anybody else, but she didn't know how good this deal thing would plan out.

"Sir," Emma began in the most polite voice she could muster up. "We know the location of every terrorist in that school, along with a plan that could save the students and headmaster if Billy happens to not be able to switch the chips and the building goes up in smoke. It could work, It's going to work."

"The kid has been kicked out of two schools-"
   "Three schools."                                      
   "Three schools, C'mon, all of this is unreliable."

"Sir," she said again. "If there's anybody in the world who could pull this off it's him. He may not be the most reliable student, but this-" She put her hand on the table, on the map of the school. "This is something i would rely on him for. He's a leader, hes thought this through, and if there's anyone who could pull this off, It's Billy Tepper. "

"Can we guarantee no causalities between the hostages?" Emma shook her head. "Guarantee no- sir you can never guarantee no causalities." "Then our orders are to cut a deal." The man turned and walked away, and Emma was left once again feeling astonished at the people in this tent.

Emma had to go outside for air. Her stomach burned with something she had never truly felt before. Anger? Frustration? Pulling out my hair and fingernails madness? All of the above?

   "Miss Reid?"
"Ugh this is bullshit! Can we guarantee no causalities-of course we can't! God what a stupid, idiotic, low life person-Gahhhh!" She faced Mr Parker. "This plan could work sir. Like actually work! And he wants to cut a damn deal with a terrorist? He just makes me so-"                                                                
"So gah?"                                             
"Yes!"

Emma stomped her foot. But there was nothing she could do. She was a teenager. He was an adult. They weren't supposed to listen to teenagers. Mr Parker nodded and went back inside, she guessed he thought it was best to leave her alone. Let her calm down. But she wouldn't allow herself to waste time while they were in there, trapped in the school, and she was out here, free. Allowed to go home if she wanted too. She shook her head and brushed her hands on the thighs of her jeans. She headed back in the tent.

This ends today.