S I X

Emma had to sleep in a tent that night. Her body temperate had dropped a few degrees, or so it seemed, as the cool air seeped in through the tent.

  She luckily got her own, which gave her time to go over what she had overheard in peace. Grabbing the notebook and pen she had stashed in the small black backpack, she flipped to a clean page and started to write down what she knew.

  There was at least ten of them, the leader being Luis. Emma had piped in on a conversation and said that she had spoke to him, only to be bombarded with question after question for an hour. She decided not to tell people things that didn't matter any more.

  Wires were lined up around the whole school that were connected to a bomb. If it were triggered somehow it would blow up the whole school and everybody, including the terrorists would blow up.

  Unless....

  Emma jumped up frantically in her sleeping bag but tripped as her legs were restricted and fell flat on her face, Grumbling when her face  came in contacted with the hard ground. A rock had managed to scrape the side of her face and a small trickle of blood trailed down her cheek but she ignored it and crawled out of the tent.

  If what she had thought was true, there could be a possibility that they could storm the school and keep everyone safe.

  "Mr. Parker!" Emma yelled, running from tent to tent. "Mr. Parker!" She came to the structure and burst in. "Mr. Parker!

  The man had looked over his shoulder from the map he was previously looking at to the girl whose face was beat red.

  "Miss Reid? I thought you were asleep? And why are you bleeding" Emma breathed in and out, placing her hands on her knees to catch her breath. She made a promise to herself then and there that she'd go to the gym after this whole mess was over.

  "Mr. Parker I just thought of something." She said as her voice was heavy. The man raised his eyebrow, a gesture to go on. "What if we somehow manage to get all the students and the headmaster to hide out in the basement? Billy took me there a few years back, it's right below the kitchen."

  Mr. Parker thought for a moment. "You know what, that might work." The tall man entered the conversation. "What do you mean? If it's apart of the school it'll blow up with the rest of it." "No, it's apart of a building that was torn down. If the school happened to blow up, that part wouldn't be effected."

  "How'd you think of this idea Emma?" "It was uh, just a random thought." "Well if you keep having those random thoughts your friends might be home sooner than expected."

  Emma's cheeks burned. Any type of praise made the girl extremely uncomfortable. The people who were still awake crowded around the table, figuring out some sort of plan to make sure everyone was in the basement when they decided to attack.

  She awkwardly rocked on both feet, fiddling with her hands. Her Pyjama pants came up just above her ankles and her white t shirt clung to her body.

  "Miss Reid why don't you go back to your tent now." "But I want to know the plan- I want to-" "to help yes I know." Mr Parker put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "I will fill you in on anything that you've missed. Now please get some sleep, you've had one hell of a day."

  Emma didn't argue with that. She had had a long exhausting day. Nodding her head she turned around and trudged back to her tent. This time making sure to not fall on to any rocks.
________

  That morning she woke up to a crow squawking a few feet away from her tent. She let out an inhumane noise and shut her eyes tight.

  When the bird wouldn't shut up she sat up in her tent, a scowl plastered on her face.

  "Damn bird."

  Emma quickly got changed into a pair of blue jeans and a plain white shirt. Grabbing her note book and pen she walked outside into the cool air and over to the structure.

  "Morning." She mumbled to the dean who was still looking over the map. "Good morning."

  "Did I miss anything important?" Mr. Parker shook his head. "We've tried a few theory's but non of them seem to work." "Oh."

  A few hours had past and still nothing. She quietly sipped on a cup of tea and fiddled with her pen.

  "Dean? There's a kid at the base. Is he yours?" Emma's head snapped up. "What's his name?!" She asked. The man ignored her. "Sir he says his name is Billy Tepper."

  Billy Tepper.

  "There's a helicopter waiting outside to bring you to him. If he's yours, go see what he wants."

  "I'm coming too!" Emma blurted. "I'm coming too." She gave Mr Parker a look.

  "You can't go." The man said. "It might be dangerous." "If he's going I'm  going." Nobody said anything for a few seconds.

  "Well what are we waiting for Miss Reid?"

  Emma jumped up and ran out of the structure, the dean following behind her.

  Oh c'mon Billy, please let this be good news.
______

Not that long of a chapter but it's something ¯\_()_/¯

In the next few chapters is where everything starts to go down, so be ready.

Also thank you to everyone who voted!! It means a lot to me

Kenn:)