T W E L V E

(TW: it might be a little graphic Blood and death and other gory stuff may or  is mentioned. It's at the part of the movie where they finally go into the school so if that scene ever bothered you or made you uncomfortable, please, read at your own risk - Kenn xx )

   Emma stood hidden, far away so they couldn't see her, but close enough to hear their muffled voices and the outlines of their bodies.

   As the army men went into the body of the drain pipe, she realized that Mr.Parker was not going with them. That made her plan harder. She didn't want to disobey his orders, she realized how important it was to him to keep her safe. It would have been a lot easier if the men let him go with them. She felt bad, really bad and debated whether or not she should actually go back to base and wait for the all clear.

   But then she saw that Mr. Parker had a similar idea to hers as he waited for them to go on ahead, and he led himself through the drain pipe

   Emma shook her head as she smirked. The Dean was growing more and more on her. She respected him, liked him. She would have to give him some flowers or a nice card to show her appreciation after all this was over.

   But right now she wasn't worried about that. She was worried about if Luis knew his father was dead or if an hour had been up.

  As Mr. Parkers footsteps through the water got quieter and quieter, Emma started to walk closer, still making sure she was hid by the tall trees and their leaves.

   It was open fields. Of course it was open fields.

   Once The dean was ahead and behind the army men, Emma realized that their was no place to hide. With her shoes wet along with the bottom of her jeans she sat down on the ground, planing her next brilliant idea.

   It wasn't until she heard a soft banging noise and grunts of pain did she get up from her spot, and run towards the campus.

   She saw blurs of black race towards the building and a man run towards them.

   They had taken down the men on the roof. So far, Emma could breathe.

   But then she saw a bloody hand off of the side that dropped something spherical.

   Something, that looked like a grenade.

   She took off running, faster than ever, waving her hands around as if they could see her and tell something was wrong. Her legs were wobbly and she had to catch herself a few times. 

   "Mr. Parker!" She tried to shout. "Mr. Parker!" But it was masked with the sound of a small explosion.

   She came up short next to the dean, breathing heavily.

   "I thought I told you to stay!"
   "Yea, well I'm helping where I could."

   She couldn't apologize. He was already on his way over to the men, making sure they were okay. Emma jogged after him.

   Smoke found its way into Emma's lungs. She stopped next to a man gasping for help. She knelt down and held his hand.

   "Shhhh, shhhh," Emma didn't know what to do. Emma never knew what to do. If she could have ran a little faster. Shouted a little louder, the guy could have stood a chance. He was going to die. And Emma couldn't do anything but hold his hand.

  "Look at me," she spoke quietly. "Hey, look at me. Thank you." The man tried to speak. He gurgled on his blood and looked around frantically. "Shhh, it's okay, shhhhh." He squeezed her hand lightly, than let go. His breathing had stopped, his pain had gone, and Emma was now holding hands with a man who used to be alive.  She let go and realized that that was more than Joey ever got. She moved on to the next injured man, hoping to give them one last piece of calmness in all that pain, before passing on.