Chapter Seven: Growing Closer

Chapter dedicated to nalufanlover1 for being the only one guessing the song that I used in Chapter Three: Melodies. You are awesome and I Love You (*winks*) for being the only one of knowing the song.

P.S. The song was titled I Love You by Avril Lavigne

♫ Growing Closer ♫

The two sat peacefully on Lucy's porch bench, watching the morning clouds move slowly. Natsu's head was laid upon Lucy's lap, her hand playing with his soft spiky hair. Plastered on their lips were beaming grins of joy, enjoying each other's company. It was nice to just gaze at the morning sky with each other's presence.

"I'm bored." Natsu sat up, removing his head from Lucy's lap. Lucy glared at him for ruining the quiet and calm moment they had.

"Well, what do you want to do?" She sighed, adjusting the straps of her white lace tank top—lace decorating the bottom rim of the tank top. Natsu laid his head back down on her lap, a pensive look on his face.

"How about we go out?" He suggested.

"Like a date?" She giggled, blush creeping up on both of their cheeks. Natsu smirked and sat up again, leaning towards Lucy's face. His lips lingering against her smiling ones.

"Why not?" He whispered huskily, his breath fanning her lips. Lucy pushed him away and rolled her eyes, though her cheeks still remained red.

"Okay, fine." She crossed her arms. Natsu pumped his fist in the air and hugged Lucy's side, laying his head on her shoulder. Lucy tousled his hair, and stood up, walking over to her front door that was ajar. She opened the door, entering her house as Natsu heard the sound of jingling keys.

"I'll drive." She smirked, shaking a set of car keys in her fingers as she shoved her phone into the back pockets of her ripped skinny jeans. Natsu gaped at her in confusion, eyeing the car keys.

"Wait, but what about your dad?"

"He's okay with me driving his car." She shrugged and started walking the pavement stoned path of her front yard to her dad's parked car, however, Natsu still sat there dumbfounded.

"Lucy, you're seventeen." Natsu remarked.

"So? I'm almost eighteen." She retorted with a smug expression. Natsu face palmed himself and sighed. Natsu rushed towards her, snatching the keys from her hand.

"Lucy, let me drive. I'm eighteen." Natsu informed. Lucy chuckled and waved her hand dismissively at him.

"Jeez, fine. Bossy pants." She stuck her tongue out at him, while Natsu patted her head lightly.

"So where we off to for our date?" Lucy emphasized the word "date."

"The mall?" Natsu smiled unsurely.

"Sure, why not," Lucy shrugged as the two walked over to the car, "I swear if we run into someone at our school, I'm going to kill you." She threatened, narrowing her eyes and pointing a finger at him.

"Why me?" He brought his hands up in defense, the keys jingling in his left hand at his defensive movement.

"Because you're the one who suggested to go to the mall." Lucy snickered making Natsu pout.