Chapter Nine: Friends Got Your Back

♫ Friends Got Your Back ♫

Natsu stares at the ceiling in disbelief from yesterday. He tried visiting Lucy this morning, but Jude said she went to the park to practice her kicks. Natsu knew Lucy was trying to get her mind off of what happened yesterday—or more like trying to let her anger out on her soccer ball. At least he knows she isn't as reckless as he is when something angers him.

Natsu sighed frustratedly and placed his forearm over his eyes. He felt like a terrible boyfriend for just sitting there on his bed, thinking about things that aren't even solving anything; thinking about what Lucy is doing at the moment is not solving anything at all. He began telling himself that perhaps he should just go find Lucy and cheer her up.

He sat up from his reclined position, sitting upright on the edge of his bed. He grabbed his white socks that lay upon his headboard. He looked at himself in the mirror forgetting that all he was wearing was boxers. He laughed at himself and searched in his closet for a tee shirt. He picked up an orange tee shirt with black graphics on it.

He shrugged and just wore it. He ducked his below his hung hoodies and shirts looking for a pair of pants, but all he found was forest green cargo pants. He sniffed it, just in case it didn't smell. It sort of reeked from the B.O. of his gym clothes, but he slipped them on, not caring if it smelled.

He then stood back up, searching frantically through his hangers of hoodies. To be very honest to himself, he had a obsession with hoodies. But he wasn't the only one who was; Lucy had a bunch of hoodies, too.

Finally picking out a plain navy blue hoodie with a white Fairy Tail Academy's insignia on the corner of the front of the hoodie. He slipped over his head and looked at himself in the mirror. He smirked and grabbed his phone, scrolling through his notifications. A few text messages here and there, but there was no point in replying back. His top priority is to find Lucy.

He unlocked his phone and opened the weather app. He pressed on Magnolia, Earthland as it read it was 54 degrees Fahrenheit out. He sighed and reached over to grab his gray-scaled scarf that was on top of his nightstand. He wrapped it around his neck and rushed downstairs.

He ran to one of his kitchen drawers where he mostly kept his snacks when he was running late to school. He grabbed a king sized energy bar and shoved it in the pockets of his cargo pants. He grabbed his house keys that laid in the middle of his kitchen table and grabbed his wallet that sat next to it.

Shoving them both on the other sides of his pockets, he shuffled hurriedly to his shoe rack, grabbing a random pair of sneakers and just slipped them on his feet with no care, because all he cared about was Lucy.

He opened his door, looking down to see a bunch of mail on his door mat. He picked them up, placing them on the floor of his house, not having the time to read them all. He closed his door, locking it shut and proceeded to find Lucy. He then realized that he doesn't know which park Lucy ran off to. His guess was the park when they watched the sunset, but he had to confirm it with Jude.

He crossed the street after looking left and right for cars. He rung the doorbell and waited for a response. He heard shuffling behind the door and the sound of the lock clicking to unlock. The door knob twisted as the door pulled towards Jude, who wore his normal green apron, ready to go to work probably.

"Oh, hello again, Natsu." Jude smiled. Natsu nodded and waved.

"What brings you here again?" Jude quirked his head to the side. Natsu scratched his cheekbone, nervously laughing.