[11]

| Colby |

"Aaaaaand," Paul continued, "I had a conversation with your 'friend' Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley, who allowed me to tell you that you will be facing Brock Lesnar tonight."
•••
"Where is the big bad Brock Lesnar that I already beat for this title anyway?! I don't see him anywhere!"

Paul smirked as he put the microphone to his lips, "he's backstage, with your girl."

With my girl?! MY GIRL? At this point, my blood is boiling, this was uncalled for, this was never in the script. I didn't even know that if be facing Brock tonight! Why won't anyone tell me anything. My fist was clenched and I hit that walrus square on the jaw.

Yep. I was a dead man.

I jumped out of the ring and headed straight backstage. No one would get in my way. I knocked over Zack Ryder as I ran down the hallway in search of my baby.

"Ow, what the hell, man?!" Zack yelled and groaned in pain.

"Suck it up, 'bro', I take worse bumps in the ring," I shouted back as I continued my search. What I didn't realize is that Stephanie was chasing after me.

"Colby!" I heard the shrieking of Steph, and she didn't sound too happy. In fact, she sounded like she was going to murder me. But I found Nicole in my locker room, all alone, and felt a rush of relief. No Brock in sight.

Now there was nowhere to run. Nikki shrugged helplessly, she knew I was in trouble. So, I slowly put on a brave face and turned to my boss.

"Hey, Ste-"

"Save it, Rollins," she snapped. Her glare made me really uncomfortable and it was hard to keep eye contact. "That little stunt you pulled out there was not cool, Paul Heyman didn't need to say anything like that, but regardless, that did not give you any right to punch him. Good luck out there tonight. You're gonna need it."

Ending on that note, Stephanie left my locker room and I waited until the clicking of her heels quieted down to silence before I took another breath. I plopped down on the couch beside my new girlfriend, and shut my eyes. I felt her gentle touch on my chest, and a kiss on my cheek. She leaned up against me and helped me relax.

"You okay?" I opened my eyes and gazed upon her beautiful face.

"Course, babe! You're the only one who should worry about being okay. You'll do great out there tonight. Then we'll go on an amazing date afterwards, right?"

"You know it," I smiled.

"Woo, woo, woo! You know it!" a voice rang out from the hallway. Stupid Zack.

"Shut up!" I yelled out, stifling the laughter that was about to erupt.

Nicole giggled at my annoyance, while I shook my head hiding my smile.
•••
| Brock |

I can't believe that little weasel slapped Paul! What a joke.

"You okay, Paul?" I ask, handing him another ice pack.

"I'm fine, but you better mess him up tonight," he replies, grinning wide.

I nod my head eagerly, "You know I will. He's a dead man."

He laughs evilly, as if we were starring in a Disney movie as the main villains. Wow, Brock, an all time low.

"I'm going to head out," I say to him making my way towards the door. He gives me a thumbs up, and I leave.

I pass an array of Superstars as I walk down the hallway. Each of them scooting as far away as possible when I brush past them.

"Sup, bro," an annoying voice calls out. I lower my head to look at the idiot.

"What?"

Zack Ryder? Really?

"Get out of my way," I say, refraining from strangling him. Good job.

I keep moving forward until I approach the locker room door that reads:

SETH ROLLINS

I knock on that door before opening it. Hey, at least I knocked.

Two pairs of eyes stare at me with hate.

"What the hell, Brock? Get out!" the male voice yells. Stupid Seth.

"I think not," I abruptly respond.

Nicole pipes in with, "You heard him, Brock, get the hell out."

Not a hint of friendliness is found in her voice. Her eyes are full of rage. I love seeing them squirm.

Instead of 'getting the hell out', I take a few steps closer. I step right up in Nicole's face, making her look extremely uncomfortable.

I see a wash of panic fill her up, and her little boyfriend looks like he's going to explode with fury.

I manage to get even closer to her face, only an inch from touching. I swear, I hear her heart beating. She stays in her place, frozen.

I lean in the extra inch and land a kiss on her ravishingly red lips.

Then, without another word, I exit the locker room.

"BROOOOCK!"