[4]: lost cause

[LOST CAUSE]

JASON DOUBTED HE'D EVER SEE SADIE AGAIN.

It had been a week and not once had he seen her. He hated to admit it, but Jason was kind of upset about it, which was stupid.
He had known her for a day. So why the hell was he still thinking about how small her hands were? She had a really strong grip for such tiny hands.

He tried to grab a box of cereal, but it ended up falling off the top shelve and hitting him in the head.
Jason really hated grocery shopping.
He wouldn't even be here if his
safe houses weren't running low on food, but he had to admit that eating cans of soup was getting tiring.

A little girl and her mom passed by. They smiled at him. He took note on the girl's red rain boots, covered in mud.
He remembered Sadie's monstrosity of shoes and him pulling them of her feet when she passed out. She had really small feet too.

Fucking ridiculous, He thought and made his way to aisle seven.
His phone dinged signaling a text that he wasn't going to reply to.

roy: hey
roy: jaybird
roy: stop leaving me on read god damnit and text me back

jason: no

roy: I WANT TO GO DRINKING LATER JAY STOP BEING AN ASs

Then he turned off his phone.

"Idiot." He muttered.

While he was focused on that he didn't see the girl sitting in the middle of the aisle and he–

almost ran her over.

"Woah, the fuck!" She yelled and rolled out of the way before he could ram his shopping buggy into her head.

Jason came to a screeching halt, digging his heels into the floor.
"What are you doing!?" He snapped at the back of her head while she was doubled over, breathing hard,
"I could've ran you over!"

"Well maybe you should watch where you're going!" She snarled and whirled around, chucking a thing of ramen noddles at his face.

"What the hell is wrong with–"

"Jason?" She cut him off.

How the–
Shit.

Sadie looked up at him with green, wide eyes, her honey blonde hair thrown up in a ponytail. She wore tattered jeans, blue striped shirt, and ratty– red, it's always red– converse. There was an old fashioned camera hanging around her neck and a jacket tied around her waist.
Her face light up with a smile and–

Jason almost choked on his spit.

"Hey stranger!" She cried, standing up. Jason moved the shopping cart out of his way so he could help her.
She shoved his shoulders playfully, a toothy smile still on her face.