[12]: prodigy

[PRODIGY]

JASON HATED BEING IN THE MANOR.

It reminded him of everything he lost.
No, it was everything he lost.
His belongings. His family. His home.
Sadie knew none of this. So every time he got a pained look on his face, she probably thought it was because of her.

Jason had no idea what to think of Sadie. Or her powers. Or the fact she killed two men.
He decided to ignore it and focus on taking care of her. It wasn't like she did no reason, they were going to kill them. It was in self defense. A weird, fucked up, supernatural way of self defense, but whatever. Jason had no room to talk; he was a pistol whipping zombie. This was no big deal.

"So," Jason said holding up two pairs of shampoo and conditioner, "We got guy shit and girl shit. The guy stuff smells super manly and this," He waved around the bottles with pictures of cookies and peppermints print on them, "Smells like Christmas puke."

"Awesome." Sadie said and took the bottles out of his hand. She smelt both of them, frowning at each.

"I don't really know why I brought man hair products. I mean, you're a girl so you probably wanna use girl stuff–"

"Actually," She cut him off, "Forget about gender conformity, I want to use the guy stuff."

"Oh," He said a little stunned that she like the smell of testosterone and fragile masculinity better than Christmas and at the phrase gender conformity, "Okay."

"Why do you even have that stuff? It's almost Halloween so that means, like, three months till Christmas?"

"Tim bought it for my– uh– sister. Cass. All we had was stuff like that so he thought she'd like it better. She does really love it and uses it when she's here."

Sadie gave him a hard stare. She look quite intimating covered in blood. Scary, almost. Jason was ready for to take a shower and look like herself again, even if she did smell like a dude and not like– what she usually smelt like. It wasn't sweet like cake or candy, it was more– earthly. It smelt good, whatever it was.

"How many siblings do you have?"

"Uh what?" He was too caught up in thinking about how her hair smelled, "Siblings?" She nodded her head, edging him on, "Four. Or five, if you count Stephanie, but she's not exactly in the family. So yeah, four."

"Four," She said under her breath, "Almost five. That's a lot."

"Yeah. Uh, we're not exactly related, I mean, Damian is the only blood from," Jason shallowed hard, "Bruce. The rest of us are adopted. Except Stephanie. How about you? Any siblings?"