[11]: i am become death

[I AM BECOME DEATH]

IT WAS DARK.

The smell of rotting flesh and dirt overwhelmed her senses.
Sadie tried to move, but it was such a close space she couldn't.
Her hands scratched at earth above her.
Help, She tried to scream but mud and maggots filled her mouth.

Sadie, A voice slithered into her mind, There's no need to struggle.

She trashed and kicked, but the dirt kept closing in. Sadie cried out helplessly.

Wouldn't it be easier? Just to sink into the darkness? No more struggling, no more sadness. Let me take control Sadie, together we will be unstoppable.

NO.
Sadie thought as forcefully as she could.
Some of the dirt sunk away and breathing became easier.
The chamber shook. The ground pressed around her. Dirt filled her mouth, nose, and ears. She couldn't scream. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't think. She was dying.

You are dumb girl, Sadie Cadwell, The voice boomed, Don't you understand? One way or another, I will be in control of your body. It doesn't matter if you do it the easy way and let me, or if I have to take it by force. You're strong, but not strong enough. One day, you will slip. You slip, falling into the darkness.

Sadie screamed once more and the darkness consumed her.

SADIE.

She thought about her parents. At least she might be with them, if they were in the same afterlife. If there was an after life.

PLEASE.

She thought about her cousins, how much she loved them and missed them. She thought about Sonia, her only friend in Gotham besides... Jason. Dear God, Jason. She would miss him so much. Regret everything she didn't do or say, just because fear. And Alexis.

Alexis, she thought, I'm so damn sorry.

WAKE UP.

Sadie's eyes flew open.
It was absolute chaos.

There was people; someone holding her tightly, a boy pressed against the wall, another one screaming and being held back by an older guy, who was also yelling, and there was the man looming in front of her.
She squealed in shock and she pulled back the arm that was, for some reason, stretched in front of her and– well– she sucker punched him.

Her balled fist hit his nose with a crack, the force jerking his head to the side.
"Dear God!"

The boy against the wall dropped to his knees, coughing and gasping. She looked down at her hand, which was now red from punching that guy. She recalled it being extended out, in boy's direction, who looked like he was being held by some type of force and– oh. Okay.
Sadie had been choking him.