[15]: whomst?

WHOMST?

SADIE LAID IN HER BED FOR TWO HOURS.
She was drained. It was a emotionally tiring last couple of days, even though she couldn't remember half of it.

Sadie had so many questions. What happened to the bodies? How did she get to the manor? Why the hell didn't Jason tell her he was Bruce Wayne's kid? And why did they act so calm, like a deranged nineteen year old girl, who just snapped two men's necks, showing up at their door step was completely normal.

It struck her suddenly; she truly knew nothing about Jason. Nothing about his family or home life. If he was Bruce Wayne's son she surely would've seen something about him on the news, like she heard about Tim.

(Tim Drake, the news broadcast would say, Is the Co-CEO of WayneCorp, making him the youngest entrepreneur of the century... )

Or maybe in those sleazy tabloids that could never keep Dick's name out of their head lines.

(JUST IN: Dick Grayson? More like Dick GAYson! Bruce Wayne's oldest son was seen walking through Blüdhaven with a new beau...)

And perhaps, even though its least likely, in a video that one of her cousins would DM her like they did with memes of Damian.

(BRUH! This Wayne boi got me weak! This him going ham on some guy at a gala lmaoo)

But no. There was no news, magazine, or memes. Nothing. It was like Jason wasn't even apart of the family. It was extremely baffling.
Although, there's nothing like a good, old google search to maybe sort things out.
Yes, Sadie knew it was probably a little weird, but she needed answers. To be honest, she should've done this a long time ago. Or maybe, just ask Jason about himself. Yet, it was so nice. The not knowing. Just to enjoy someone with out worry about them judging your past mistakes.

So she whipped out her phone and typed in bruce wayne, jason, son.
The first thing that popped up was an article from years ago that read:

BREAKING NEWS:
It has been reported that Bruce Wayne's newest adopted son, Jason Wayne, has passed away. The family's representatives refused to give anymore information...

Sadie's heart seemed to stop. She couldn't read the rest of the article because her brain was stuck on the words Jason Wayne and passed away. Because that made absolutely no sense. Jason wasn't dead. She had just talked to him that day. Looked him. Smiled at him. Brushed her lips over his cheek...
So what the hell.
Who was this Jason? Or maybe whom? (whomst?)

Jesus. Sadie was losing her mind.

She decided to march on and read through the rest of the article, which didn't tell her much, but did show her a picture of Jason Wayne. The boy looked around fifteen or fourteen and he did look similar to Jason except he had red hair. Not a carroty color, no, dark red. More auburn. Jason's hair was just black.
The boy was also incredibly scrawny, like he'd just came off the streets.
Yet, there was still an uncanny resemblance.

Shit shit shit shit.

Sadie wished she could back to a time where she didn't know all of these weirdness, just to slip back into thinking Jason was a moody, but normal guy. But, nooo, he had to be someone's evil twin... she wasn't sure.
Before she even registered what she was doing, she was calling Jason. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hey, are you okay? What's up? Do need me to come-" Jason rambled like a worried mother.

"No- no, I'm fine. I just need you to explain something to me. Can I ask you something?"

Jason grew quite for a moment,
"Okay, shoot."

Sadie sighed before continuing, "So I googled your name."

Jason swore under his breath, which didn't assure Sadie in the slightest,
"I thought you might."

"Yeah," Sadie said and shifted her phone to her other ear, "So, I just have one question, what the fuck?"

Jason had the audacity to laugh, sounding a little wild and nervous. He sounded different on the phone. Richer and deeper, but still familiar. It was like listening to your favorite album, except with headphones instead of the speakers on your phone. Like you can feel the music inside your head, like- Jesus Christ she was barely even listening to what Jason was saying.

"I can't- Not like this. I've been wanted to tell you for a long time... but I didn't know how. It's a long, fucked up story. I'm not telling it over the phone though, sorry."

"That's understandable," Sadie said and tried not to think about the warmth that spread through her chest when he said had been wanting to tell her. Damn her and her low standers. "But you are Jason right? Like you're real? Not a clone?"

Jason laughed again, loudly, "Yeah I'm the real deal. I can explain everything to you, I promise."

"When?"

"Whenever you want."

The line went silent for a moment.

"So now? If you're not busy?"

"I'm not busy," Jason said quickly, "I can tell you everything tonight. I'll be over in five minutes-"

"No! Jeez give a girl time to prepare herself. Be here in thirty!"

"Prepare for what?"

Sadie rolled her eyes, "Jason. Don't be stupid."

"...Okay."
She could see him, smiling through the phone.

"I'll see you in thirty. And I expect all the gory details of your tragic past."

They hung up. Sadie was once again amazed how they could turn an awkward situation into a nice conversation. She had a feeling that in the next thirty minutes, that wouldn't be the case.

[a/n]
WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS BABY!!!!
im sorry that it's short but sadie's about to learn The Truth™️ and it's going to be a really soft chapter as a gift since i was gone for so long

[a/n]WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS BABY!!!!im sorry that it's short but sadie's about to learn The Truth™️ and it's going to be a really soft chapter as a gift since i was gone for so long