[9]: girlfriend?

[GIRLFRIEND?]

JASON KNEW HE WAS IN DEEP SHIT
WHEN HE KEPT THE NAPKIN.

The stupid napkin with Sadie's curvy handwriting. The one where she explained the bullshit Dyson sphere and when he held her hand, like an idiot.
He remembered the way she looked at their hands; her eyes full of shock and probably, fear.
Yet, he still kept the fucking napkin.

____

"Nice to see you, Jaybird, since you haven't talked to anyone in two weeks."

Jason grunted,
"Sorry, mom."

Roy rolled his eyes, but there was a glint in the them. Like he knew something Jason didn't.
"Where've you been?"

"Around." Jason said nonchalantly as he sharpened his knife.

"Around," Roy repeated slowly, "Around with like, a girl?"

Jason paused and looked at Roy, really looked at him. He was grinning slyly and Jason hated it. He really hated it.
"What the hell are you talking about, Harper?"

His cheesy smile impossibly widened and reached around to grab some papers of his and Kory's counter.
Roy tossed them carelessly on the table Jason was seated at and his eyes widen when he realized the papers were pictures.
Pictures of him and Sadie.

"Jay, do you ever get those feelings?"
"Uh, no. I don't have feelings."
"No, listen. Like urges that tells you someone is watching you? I have one right now."

The first one was them walking together.
You could see Jason clearly, but Sadie's face was hidden because her head was ducked down, a wall of honey colored hair blocking the view.
Jason remembered that.

"You know, when you walk with your head like that you can't see if anyone is coming at you."
"Shut up Jason. No one is going to mug me when I'm with you."

He didn't know if that was a compliment or not.
The next one was of them through a window, eating. Sadie had some type of breakfast, surprise, and Jason was eating chilaquiles.

"Chilaquiles. I like the sound of that."
"You've had them?"
"No, but they sound cool."

More of them eating. More of them waking.
Talking. Smiling. Laughing.
Just the two of them, together.
The last one of was them holding hands, when Jason grabbed her's like a noob.
In the photo, it looked like they were actually holding hands. Like a couple, two people in love. But in reality, it was Jason and desperation. Jason and his one-sided feelings.