Obsession

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I thought he was nice" I tell my brother. He looks down, I think he's ashamed. "Hazel! I need to show you where you'll be staying!", my Fathers voice booms as he rudely barges the door open and walks into the corridor without thinking that we might have been having a private conversation. "Oh, wait. Did he just show you the...errr mouth thingy?", he says realising what he has just interrupted. He hesitates before beginning to speak."I'll be in my office", he mumbles whilst leaving us.

Finally we can continue.
"Why did he do this to you? Did you do something wrong?" I ask sympathetically. This time he doesn't write down anything, he just points at our Fathers office. "He gave you up?" I say sternly. He scrawls many words wildly on a piece of paper and hands it to me. It reads 'I was wanted by the North side, they threatened our Father. But instead of protecting me, he gave me up. He let them at me like vicious beasts. He pretends he cares about me, but he doesn't. He only cares about one thing only'. I scrunch the note up in anger and throw it on the floor. "What do you mean by one thing only?" He again begins to write something down in the notebook, I can't imagine how frustrating it must feel not being able to speak. I read what he's written, it says 'For a long time he's always spoken about a lady named Julie and how he misses her. He's always had people constantly looking out for her. At one stage he had planned a mission to goto the East side as he was sure she had been kidnapped. I'm not sure what happened but I think she went missing. I never really asked who she was either'.

So my Father never found out that my Mother returned to earth with me. I wonder why she didn't tell him...
"Julie was my Mother...Our Mother until she umm went missing. Y'see I'm looking for her too." He's my Brother but I feel like I can't tell anyone that she's dead, they might begin to lose hope and even try to kill me if they think i'm lying. I couldn't bare putting so many people through that much pain. He begins to write again, a much shorter message this time. It reads 'Wow, I hope you find her soon. Our Father will be much happier when she returns, she was a big part of his life'. I hug my brother again and go back into my Fathers office.

"Right Hazel, my team have got your room prepared. I'll show it to you now if you'd like?" 0099 explains whilst guiding me out of his office. "Okay, thanks. May I ask what time it is?" I reply as he takes my hand and shows me to a golden shiny ladder leading out of the ceiling. "It's 10:40pm, you should probably be getting some sleep soon. I bet you're tired, you've been travelling here most of the day" He responds whilst signalling for me to climb up first. I put one foot on the bottom of the ladder and next my hands, I'm not a huge fan of heights myself. But I can't say much when I've just travelled here by a shuttle... I reach the top of the ladder and push open the small door. I stand up in the surprisingly large lofty room, it's shocking how much money my Father has! I'm surrounded by luxurious gold plated things. "Do you like it?" He shouts from below the ladder. I can't quite put the words together to describe how I feel. "Umm Yes... it's... it's fantastic! Thank you, I.. I appreciate it" I quickly respond. "Alright well i'll see you in the morning, goodnight". He leaves and I close the small door.

I walk around the room slowly, I really don't want to break anything as everything looks so nice and expensive. There's a king sized bed, several golden statues, jewellery, flowers, and two other doors. I walk towards one door and pull at the handle, inside is a gorgeous bathroom which is so shiny that it begins to hurt my eyes. I close the door and walk towards the other one. I can't wait to see what inside the next one, imagine if its a beautiful closet full of gorgeous satin clothes! I try pulling the handle but it's stiff, I try again and it opens. The room is dark and smells musty, it's nothing like the other rooms. I feel around for a light switch and flick it on, this room is gigantic. I can't even describe how tall it is and in it are thousands of books filling thousands of shelves. I wonder if anyone's been in here for a while, it looks pretty old and untouched. I turn the light off and close the door, maybe i'll read something tomorrow. I clamber into bed and try to get some sleep, this is a completely different setting to the North side. These people must truly care about me.