Secrets and Lies

1st February 2016

Knock knock knock, "Hazel, would you like some breakfast?" The deep sound of a mans voice alarms me and wakes me up. I rush to the small door and pull at the gold handle. A tall brunette man is standing there holding a menu, our eyes lock for a split second before I break away. "Hi, can I help you?" I ask politely. "Oh yes, umm sorry I just... here you go just have a look and tell me what you'd like" the dashing man says whilst moving his hands through his hair. I scan through the menu in hope to find something quickly so this awkward moment can end. "Can I have the maple syrup pancakes with yogurt and fruit please", I sweetly respond trying not to make eye contact. "Yes that's fine. It'll be about 20 minutes, oh and your Father told me to bring you these clothes". He says smiling and handing me some neatly folded and ironed outfit."Okay, tell him I said thank you and if he needs me i'll be up here. See you in a bit" I say closing the door.

I wait until I hear him leave and then I heavily sigh. Why am I so hopeless at talking to guys, in high school I was never good either. I pull the scruffy hoodie and my dirty work shirt over my head and put the clean baby blue jumper on. I must admit, it's not really my style but it'll do. I look back at the remaining item for me to wear. Great, I have to wear a skirt. I can't believe he thinks i'm girly. I pull the white pleated skirt on and toss my black jeans in a pile on the floor. Right, now it's time to read and see if I can find anything about this place. I slowly walk towards the door and pull at the handle, the door isn't as stiff this time. I flick the light switch on and adjust my eyes to the barely lit room. I focus on the large ladder leaning up against the first bookshelf, really another ladder? I take a deep breath and take one step up the wooden structure, I encourage myself to take another step and I manage to take 7 more. Squinting, I read some of the book titles on that shelf. 'Apple cookbook, Alice in Wonderland, Adventures of brave warriors'. Aha here we go, 'Ackers family photos and Ackers story: The creation'. I grab the two small books and try to clamber down.

"Hazel! Your breakfast is here" the man calls. Oh no... I hear him open the small door leading into my bedroom. Suddenly, the ladder begins to shake and I start to lose my balance. "AAAH" I scream as I topple off the ladder followed by a few books. The two books fly out of my hands and are scattered under the shelf. The door bursts open and the man rushes in, he's slightly shocked at the sight of me lying in a heap."Are you alright? What happened?" he asks whilst holding my dainty pale hands and helping me to my feet. "Yeah, I just fell. I wanted to read a book but I couldn't reach" I say exhausted. Suddenly our eyes meet again and we passionately kiss. I pull away and walk out the door. He follows me silently. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't of done that" He apologises as he opens the small door and steps down the ladder. Why did I have to pull away, I've made him feel bad now. I sit down on my bed and begin to eat my pancakes.

I should probably go and get those books. I walk back into the room and crouch down underneath the bookshelf, where are they? they've gone. In the corner of my eye I see a glimpse of a person running in black. I decide to run after them. They run straight towards a mysterious back door in the far corner of the room, I can't let them get away. I quickly try to get ahead of them, but it's no use as their already out the door. I run through the door, not knowing what I could be faced with. Okay, this just keep getting stranger and stranger. I'm now in a prison, who are all these people and why are they locked up?