Dally Doll

After my encounter with Darry, a little while after I left to go home. I couldn't shake this feeling. Every time I thought about him my heart skips a beat. I don't even know why. It's not like he feels the same way.

I dragged my self out of my twin bed and walked down the hall to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my body.

I searched through my cluttered closet and found a black v-neck and a pair of dark wash ripped jeans. I put those on and left my wild hair alone.

I walked out the door and headed to school. When I finally reached, I saw Ponyboy and Johnny.  Pony waved me over.

"How's it going, Emma?" He asked with a bright smile.

"Pretty good, what about you?" I asked smiling a little.

"Same old song, the gang really likes you." He said.

"Really? That Darry guy don't seem too fond of me." I said frowning a little.

"Uh...well. Darrys like that. Don't pay no mind. He'll warm up to you." He said his cheeks looking flushed. 

"Alright..." I said as we walked into our first period class.

The day dragged on forever. It seemed like every time I looked at the clock it'd go back a minute or two.

Finally the bell rang and I walked through those old doors and breathed in fresh air.

"Wanna come over?" Pony asked with a hopeful smile. 

"Sure, ain't got anything to do anyway." I said shrugging.

We opened up beat up door that lead to the curtis house. I was greeted with a bunch of hi's and heys. The whole gang was there. Even the grumpy dar-bear.

"There's chocolate cake on the counter. Eat some before it's all gone girl." Said Soda with a smirk on his face.

"Ok" I said chuckling a little.

Once I got the cake on a plate I turned around swiftly to come face to face with a very pissed off looking Dallas Winston. He appeared to be drunk. 

I backed up and he stepped forward. I backed up again until I hit the sink. He leaned down and said "Don't you want me BabyGirl?"

"No I don't.  Leave me alone." I said pushing him away. Which made him even more mad.

"So what you're a tough hood now? Pushing me and shit. Who the hell do you think you are? Huh?" He yelled.

Everyone came rushing in. And to my surprise Darry peeled him away from me.

Darry pushed him back and had his back to me.

"What do you think your doing? Huh?" Darry said angrily.

"Ohhhh thats your broad? Oh my bad I didn't know you had a thing for sluts." Dally said almost slurring his words together.

I felt my whole body stiffen. He did not just say that. He's drunk but I'm mad.

I moved around Darry and looked Dallas straight in the eye.

"Oh, so if I don't want to catch any of your diseases it's my fault? I'm slut because I won't sleep with your filthy ass? Listen here Dally Doll.  I ain't your slyvia. Don't think you can come over here and call me something I ain't. GET OUT." I was fuming.

Dallas and everyone looked stunned. 

"Whatever." He said walking out the door.

Dally left and everyone was still looking at me.

"What?" I asked softly.

"I ain't every seen a girl stand up to Dally boy." Said two-bit with a smirk on his lips.

"It was nothing." I said lowly.

"It sure was somethin." I whipped around and saw it was Darry who said that.

"I guess" I say and I was about to walk away. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him and for him to be just rude.

Just as I turned to leave a hand wrapped itself on my wrist.

I looked over and saw a hurt looking Darry.

"I'm sorry, if I was rude the other day." He said looking into my eyes.

"It's alright" I say a smile slowly playing on my lips.

I looked down at our hands and he immediately pulls away. I chuckled at that. 

He scratched the back of his neck, making his biceps bulge out. By now everyone was gone and it was just me and Darry in the kitchen.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Would you maybe like to go to the dingo with me? Maybe tomorrow?" He asked. I swear I saw his cheeks turn a little red.

"Sure. Pick me up at 5?" I asked while flashing my white teeth.

"Yeah." He said.

I turned around and just as I reached the front door I heard Darry again.

"Hey" He said in his husky voice.

I turned my head to look over my shoulder. "Yeah?"

"You dig okay." He said smiling. I had never seen Darry smile. His smile was breathtaking.

I smiled back. "You dig okay too."

That's when I opened the front door and headed back to the place I called home.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So the Darry can smile???
Lmao stay tuned to find out what happens on their date!!!

Xoxo