Jumped.

I got up the next day and mentally cheered because it was the weekend. Finally. I looked at the clock. 11:45 am.

Jheez. I was asleep for the longest time. Then all the memories came rushing in as to why I woke up so late. To the date at the dingo, to us kissing in the rain and finally the gangs reaction. I'm Darrys girl. And man did it feel good to say that.

I got dressed in a regular pair of black jeans and white v-neck shirt and black pumps. I left my hair as is and walked out the door to the curtis house.

As I was walking down I heard Ponyboy. He was yelling "DARRY!!!" He was getting jumped.

I ran fast and saw them socs on top of him. I pulled out this long fallen tree branch and swung it across about three of the socs backs. Causing them to fall back.

"GET OUT OF HERE SOC!" I screamed at them. By the time I did that the whole gang was fighting them off too.

Darry was shaking Ponyboy something furious. I went behind him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Easy there. Your making him worse." I said calmly.

He stopped immediately and stood up and looked towards me. His gaze soften as he saw it was me.

"He never uses his head! If you weren't here when you were... I don't know what would happen." He said in a angry tone. He wasn't angry at me or anything.

I reached up and kissed his cheek softly. "He's still breathing right?" I asked.

"Yeah..." He said a little embarrassed.

"Then don't worry about him too much. He'll be ok." I said and smiled. 

He leaned down and kissed my lips softly. I smiled into the kiss.

"EWWWW PONY GOT JUMPED AND YOU TWO ARE KISSING??" Said a very drunk Two-bit.

I laughed and so did Darry. We walked back to curtis house and we all saw Dally leaning against an old car. He glared at me and I didn't care one bit. Apparently he was in the cooler or somethin. I didn't give a crap enough to even notice.

Me and Darry walked back into the house when pony came rushing in.
"Can I go to the movies tonight? With Dal and Johnny?" He asked Darry.

Darry looked down at me. As if asking me if he should go or not. I lightly squeezed his hand for reassurance.

"Alright... don't stay out too late." Darry said. And not even halfway through it Pony was already off the porch. I laughed at that.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked in a teasing tone. 

"You didn't finish what you were saying and he left! Darry it looks like your the annoying parent in this house!!" I said laughing loudly.

"That's it." He said attempting to catch me, but I took off running on the lawn.

The whole day was spent with me and two cracking jokes and all of us playing truth or dare.

It was getting pretty late and pony didn't come home yet. Everyone had left and it was only me, two, Darry and Soda.

"Alright I gotta go." Said Two halfway out the door.

"Yeah I see yall later." I said reaching for the door. But Darry caught my hand.

"Don't go. Please. I'm worried about Pony." He said in a low voice. His eyes pleading. 

"Alright." I said and we both walked back to the armchair. 

Darry put his arm around my shoulders and I snuggled into his chest.  I was pretty tired. I looked up and Darry looked down at me.

"Go to sleep, sleepyhead." He said kissing my forehead. 

I snuggled deeper into his chest and fell straight to sleep.

Maybe around midnight or so, I heard the door swing open. The squeaky hinges giving away the person opening the door. My eyes shot open. I looked and saw pony slowly closing the door. I looked up at Darry and he was already awake. He looked down at me with a weary smile.

His smile dropped when he looked and saw Ponyboy.

"Where have you been?" He said in a stern voice.

I moved over and he got up leaving me in the armchair. 

"I fell asleep with Johnny in the vacant lot." Pony said sheepish.

"You fell asleep in a the lot with johnny? You never use your head! A  half an hour more and I would have called the fuzz." He said angrily.

"I didn't mean to." He said softly. 

"I didn't mean to, I don't know, I'm sorry. THAT'S ALL YOU SAY. YOU NEVER USE YOUR HEAD." He was yelling now. What happened next I did not expect at all.

Darry pushed Ponyboy hard. Knocking him over and making him hit his back on the coffee table. Pony scrambled to get up and bolted out the door.

Darry and Soda ran to the door and watched their kid brother disappear into the cold dark night.

"What have you done?" Asked Soda with a stunned expression on his face.

"I..I it just happened. I didn't mean for this." Darry said looking real tired and defeated.

"Now who's not using their head?" Said Soda before he walked off into his and pony's room. Leaving Darry and me in the living room.

I got up slowly and walked up to him. His back towards me. I think he acknowledged me because what he said next broke my heart.

"I try. No matter how hard I try, I'll never be them." He turned around and I saw his eyes glassy.

"Why did they leave us?" I knew who he was talking about. His parents. If they were still alive, I know that none of this would have happened. 

"They left me and now he's gone too. Why does everyone leave me?" He said his voice breaking.

Tears started running down his cheeks. I threw my arms over his shoulders and held him close. He buried his face in my neck and sobs wracked his whole body. I couldn't say anything.  Nothing I could say at that moment would matter. All I could do was hold him.

I leaned back a little and held his face in my hands. His arms were tight around my body but I didn't mind. I wiped all the tears off his face and kissed his lips.

It was slow and sweet once again. I pulled away and rested my forehead on his.

"Come on, let's head to bed." I said softly. He nodded. His eyes that were once dancing and lively with me were now stormy and sad.

We walked into his room and we both crashed down on the bed. He had stopped crying but he looked empty and lifeless.

That's when he flipped us over, so I was laying on my back and his head was laying on my chest. His arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

He looked like a little kid who had lost their favourite toy or someone had kicked his puppy and killed it.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with his hair.

"You think he'll ever forgive me?" He asked. His voice hoarse from all the sobbing.

"I don't know Dar-bear, but we can hope." I said softly into his hair.

"Can you maybe stay with me for the next couple of days?" He asked, his voice muffled.

"Yeah no problem." I said before I resumed playing with his hair.

His breaths became even and I knew he fell asleep. Thoughts ran through my head. Is he gonna come back? Is Darry gonna be the same? Will he be ok? Will I ever seen Darrys breathtaking smile ever again?

So many thoughts that my mind grew tired of them and I soon fell asleep.  With my big bear wrapped in my arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys like long chapters? Or should I shorten them?
Did you guys like????
Stay tuned to find out what happens next!

Xoxo