Demons.

I woke up to Darry squirming in his sleep. It must have been 7 or something because the sunlight was streaming through the curtains.

I lightly shook him. "Darry, baby, it's just a dream." I said softly.

He looked up confused for a moment. But then realized it was just me.

"Sorry about that." He said sadly.

"Your the one who had a nightmare and your saying sorry?" I said in a light teasing tone.

He smiled a little. But it seemed tired and sad.

I raised up his chin to look at me. "How you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm better then yesterday. But I'm tired man." I knew he didn't mean sleep wise. He was mentally tired.

I kissed his forehead.  "Do you have work today?" I asked.

"Yeah, I should start getting ready." He said while still looking at me and holding me.

"And how are you gonna do that like this?" I said looking down on how his arms were still wrapped around me.

"Oh." He said blushing and getting up.

"I'll get breakfast going, you get ready for work." I said walking out the door.

I walked into the kitchen and took out eggs and bacon and made pancakes. After everything was done, the whole gang came in. Except for Ponyboy and Johnny. By this time both Darry and Soda were eating breakfast.

Steve stumbled into the kitchen and dropped the newspaper down in front of me. I picked it and I wanted to drop dead right in my tracks. 

The headline said "Greasers kill Soc Late Last Night" under it had two pictures of ponyboy and Johnny with wanted signs under it.

I walked over to Soda and Darry and showed them the paper. Their jaws dropped. Ponyboy and Johnny were wanted for murder.

Soda took the paper out of my hands and turned swiftly around and walked to Dallas.

"You know where they are don't you?" Soda asked angrily.

"I don't know where they are. Try maybe Texas." He said nonchalantly. Shrugging his shoulders.

"You don't even care!" Said Soda before storming out the door. Steve soon walked out after him.

Two-bit seemed awfully quiet and Dallas was smoking a weed. Darry looked devastated. And I knew just what he was thinking.

I walked up to him and rested my hand on his back.  "It's my fault." He stated and shook off my hand. He then walked straight out the door and got into his pickup and drove off to work.

He was mad and I could tell. Ain't nothing I can do. After I finished eating I washed up everybody's plate and headed out to my house.

I opened the door and smelt the stench of beer. It was overwhelming and honestly I wanted to puke.

I ran up the stairs and into my room. I had always kept my door closed and my window open so the nasty stench of beer was never in there. The air smelt crisp and fresh and for a millisecond I felt like everything was gonna be ok.

I walked into the bathroom and stripped off my clothes and scrubbed my body and face.

I got out and wrapped myself in a towel. I rubbed my creme and headed to my closet. I pulled out a black and white flannel with a white tank top and dark wash super ripped jeans. It was boyfriend style so the cuts with pretty big.

I pulled on my sneakers and started on my hair. I took out a black and white bandana and put that on. It kinda acted like a headband. Even though my hair spilled out over my face giving me a wild look.

I plopped down on my bed and soon I fell asleep with Darrys sad look imprinted on my mind.

I woke up from my nap and saw it was 8:30 pm. I decided might as well hang out. I ran through the door and headed to the empty lot.

I climbed up the huge tree and sat down on a huge tree trunk and let my legs hang over. It was in this very spot that me and Darry kissed about a week ago on our first date. 

I saw an old pickup truck driving by slowly. I knew who it was. Darry cut the engine and walked out into the empty lot.

He walked up to the tree and looked up at me.

"You gonna come down or should I come up?" He asked with a sad look in his eyes. I patted at the spot beside me and he gladly climbed up and sat beside me. Both our legs dangling over.

"I'm sorry about this morning." He said quietly.

"It's alright Dar-bear" I said calmly. 

I turned to look at him and held his gaze. His green eyes looked lost and mostly tired.

I looked out and I saw a beautiful view of the sun setting. The oranges and golds fading away slowly.

"You ever see a sunset before babe?" Darry asked.

"No, not this closely." I said back truthfully.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I moved closer to his chest and rested my head on his shoulder. He then rested his head on mine.

I felt safe in his arms. I felt warm. I looked up at him and he looked down at me.

The sunset made him look stunning. His dark brown hair turned into a rich brown colour. His eyes turned light green and the shadows on his face became more clear making him looking sun kissed.

I leaned up and he leaned down. I kissed his lips softly. Our lips moving in sync. As he was about to pull away I bit down on his bottom lip and pulled on it before letting go. He rested his forehead on mine.

"I'm crazy about you. You know that right?" He asked softly. 

"Right back at ya big guy." I said smiling at him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Awwwww I love writing Demma scenes!!!
What will happen next???
Stay tuned to find out.
Xoxo