Chapter 9

NPOV:
"I'm not going back with you." Will stated.

I dropped my bowl on the floor. It shattered and shards flew everywhere. I could barely process what he was saying, I barely the noticed the once beautiful ceramic bowl at my feet. Will turned sharply. He hadn't realized I had followed him out.

"What do you mean you're not coming back with us?" I asked.

He looked guilty and hung his head. Apparently his shoes were incredibly interesting to him.

"I can't go back to camp with you, Nico."

I started shaking with fear.

"But, but why? I don't understand! I thought-"

"I'm sorry Nico." He interrupted me.

He was going to leave me. My nightmares were telling the truth. He never loved me. I can't believe I was so stupid. So, so stupid.
I started to run out of the kitchen but Will grabbed my hoodie sleeve.

"Nico, please, I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you." He pleaded.

I yanked my sleeve away from his grasp.

"Too late." I spat.

I started crying. He knew better than to try to console me.

"You promised." I whispered.

Then I shadow traveled out of the house. I landed in their driveway. I ran all the way to the van. I could hear Will calling after me but I didn't turn around. The keys were still in the ignition. I started the motor and raced away. I didn't look back.
✨✨✨✨
I drove for hours before I fully gripped the idea that I had absolutely no idea where it was I wanted to go. I pulled over and thought about my options.

It was possible I could go back to Camp Half-Blood, but that was probably where they would go looking for me first. It was also possible I could back to Will's mother's house, but I didn't want to be a bother. That left me with my last option, the Underworld.
It made sense, actually. It was a place that Will couldn't get to where I could just be alone for a while. I quickly gave myself a mental checkup. Could I really shadow-travel all the way to the Underworld? I guessed that I didn't have a choice.

I decided if I was going to make it to the Underworld I would need rest first. I turned on the car radio.

Where's your picket fence, love?
Where's that shiny car?
Did it ever get you far?
I quickly named it as Gives You (Hades) by All-American Rejects and switched the channel.

Scared of my own image.
Scared of my own immaturity.
Scared of my own ceiling.
Scared I'll die of uncertainty.
I named it as Doubt by Twenty One Pilots and switched it again, trying not to let the lyrics get to me.

High dive into frozen waves where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain, it was worth it every time
Hold still right before we crash 'cause we both know how this ends
A clock ticks 'til it breaks your glass and I drown in you again

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Walk on through a red parade and refuse to make amends
It cuts deep through our ground and makes us forget all common sense
Don't speak as I try to leave 'cause we both know what we'll choose
If you pull then I'll push too deep and I'll fall right back to you

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?
Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Clarity by Zedd. It had been my favorite song for a long time. I sang along to every word. Then I turned off the radio and slept.
✨✨✨✨
"He never loved you. Why do you think he left?"

Keep running. Don't listen. Keep running. Don't listen. Keep running.

"He enjoyed seeing you in pain."

Keep running. Don't listen. Keep running. Don't listen.

"He hates everything about you."

Keep running. Don't listen. Keep running.

"He won't save you now."

Keep running. Don't listen.

"You don't stand a chance now."

Keep running.

"He will never love you."

Keep listening. Don't run.
✨✨✨✨
When I woke up I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I wasn't surprised and wiped them away. I did a mental checkup again. All systems go.
✨✨✨✨
I walked up the steps to Hades' palace and sprinted up to my room. I hoped Hades wouldn't notice my arrival. No such luck. He tried to get into my room, but I was crying and had locked my door.

"I am the Lord of the Dead! Let me in! I wanna help!"

"No! Boy problems! Go away!"

After enough arguing he finally went away. I was left all alone sobbing on by bed.

What did I do wrong?

Hey Guys! Can you hear the music video? I hope that you can because on my device I can't. It's Clarity by Zedd. How are we liking the story so far? I hope you like it! I'm really trying to post this because I'm already getting ideas for my next FANFICTION!!!! It's gonna be Solangelo, too. GAY SHIPS ARE YAY SHIPS!!!!