Chapter 13

WPOV: 13
It felt like hours as every memory of every camper I'd ever lost came to my mind. It must've only been a few seconds.

"Will, focus, you can do this."

"I can't. I can't."

"Will, hurry, you're his only hope!"

I buried my face in my hands.

"I can't."

I listened to the faint cry if the heart monitor, ignoring Michelle's pleas. Eventually the heart monitor stopped, going monotone. I started sobbing.

Michelle had been the cabin counselor when I had first arrived at camp. I was the first one she had ever seen with such a talent in healing. So when Amber, a daughter of Ares, had gotten hurt in capture-the-flag, Michelle turned to me. But I was too young, I couldn't handle the pressure. I had only been around eight at the time.

After Amber came Jordan, Charity, Sarah, Bryce, Anne, Rebecca, Abigail, Cara, Benjamin, Sandra, Sean, Trenton, Jack, Julie, Robert, Jayce, Cade, Kenzie, and then Emma. There were twenty memories total. One for each patient. Seven of the twenty had been when I was younger than twelve. Five of the twenty were siblings of mine. Seven of the twenty had been injured at war. All of them had been good people.

Some of the more recent ones had been my friends. I hadn't had many friends near the beginning of my stay here. To most people I was 'too happy'.

I watched the memories unfold. I could hear and see everything. From the beeping of the heart monitor to the agonizing screams of the patients as they saw what had happened to them. I saw loved ones sitting by their sides, sobs wracking their whole bodies. I saw them burning the patients shrouds. I saw how the loved ones looked at me when I told them their was nothing more I could do.
They were heartbroken. Their entire world was crumbling before them. Some of the campers yelled at me when their loved one died. Some acted as though we were still friends. Most pretended I wasn't even there. Those cases were the hardest to deal with.
Light burned around me and I instantly felt myself I warming up. I opened my eyes. I hadn't even realized that I had closed them. I looked over at Nico.

Sobs wracked his entire body. He was shaking win sadness and possibly fury. I gathered him in my arms. He started to push me away, but I tried again, this time successfully managing to hold on to him.

"Nico, look at me. It's okay. Whatever you saw, it's gone now. They're just memories now." I soothed.

I realized we were sitting in Nico's cabin. It made sense that Hades would drop us there. Better than in the archery fields. I carried Nico over to his bed and sat him down. Then I sat down next to him and pulled a dark grey blanket over the both of us. Nico cuddled in close to me. Gripping my shirt, crying into my chest.

"I can't take it Will. I can't..." He cried.

"Shh...don't say that. You can do this, Nico. I know it. You know how I know?"

Nico sniffed. His sobs quieted to whimpers.

"How?"

I smiled.

"I know you can because you've made it this far. You, Nico di Angelo were the first and only person to make it through Tartarus alone. You did that without help, Nico. You, Nico di Angelo made it through Bianca's death all on your own. No one helped you, but you made it through. I know how badly it hurt to have her gone, but you made it through. You made it through. I love you, Nico." I told him.
(Hey! I'm probably going to spam this story now, I honestly just want to get this whole thing up already!)