Chapter 16

NPOV:
"Well, they're actually leaving tonight." I said.
My voice was barely above a whisper.

Will whipped his head up to face me.
"Tonight?" He gawked.

I nodded. I felt guilty to have dropped this on him so quickly, but I truly felt that it was the best thing for me. For us.

He was silent for a long time, thinking. Finally he spoke.

"Let me go pack my bags, then."

Happiness exploded through me. I stared at him in disbelief. He smiled.

"What? You didn't actually think I'm going to let you go halfway across the country by yourself? Nope, you can't get rid of me that easily."

I tackled him into a hug.

"I love you, Will."

"I love you, too, Sunshine."

Eventually I slowly climbed off of him. Instead I sat next to him, holding his hand, my head of his shoulder.

BAM!

It sounded like something exploded outside. Will and I ran outside together. A couple other campers followed suit. We were still losing hands as we gaped at the huge metal dragon that had crashed only twenty-five feet in front of the infirmary. I would know that dragon anywhere.

Festus. Leo.

I had barely thought about him recently, there had been so much going on. I ran up to dragon, dragging Will with me. As soon as I got close enough. I saw Leo pop out of nowhere. How could he still be alive. I felt him die. How could he be alive?

"HELLO LOWLEY FOLLOWERS OF ME!!!! HAVE NO FEAR, THE SUPER-SIZED MCSHIZZLE IS HERE!!!" Leo shouted at the top of his lungs.

A girl emerged and stood next him. She had shiny golden hair pulled into a braid, like Reyna wore. She smiled shyly.

"And his girlfriend, Calypso." She said softly.

Leo smiled at her and started climbed down the dragon. Calypso followed him.
As soon as his feet touched the ground. Piper threw her arms around him and tackled him to the ground. She started crying. She tried to say something but it was kinda hard to tell what it was since she was crying so hard. She finally gathered herself and scrambled off of him. She stood up and so did he.

"Piper, I'm so sorry, but Calypso-"

WHACK!

Piper punched his nose, it started bleeding.
"Hey! Ow!" He whined.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again, you hear me Valdez? Otherwise I will personally rip off your-"

Jason came to the rescue before she could finish that.

"Hey! It's okay, calm down. He's here now, it's okay." He wrapped his arms around Piper.

She immediately started crying again. Jason quickly gave Leo this awkward little hug thing, but it was difficult because he was still holding Piper. Then he shook Calypso's hand. Next came Percy and Annabeth, Then Hazel and Reyna. They all had pretty similar reactions. I just shook their hands and went back to Will.

Leo smiled when he saw us holding hands.

"Wait! Jason! Is Solangelo finally canon?" Leo asked Jason excitedly.

Jason nodded, laughing.

"YYASSSS!!!! SOLANGELO!!!!" He yelled.

Finally I realized what was happening.

"Wait a minute! Are you shipping us?"

Jason, Percy, and Piper nodded guiltily. Leo nodded his head enthusiastically.

"You know it!" He exclaimed.

I was about to attack him when Chiron clopped up and I thought better of it.  He looked around, taking in the situation. Then nodded towards Will.

"Will, take Leo to the infirmary and give him a check up. Calypso can come with me to explain the story of why Leo is no longer dead. The rest of you can have breakfast."

He turned and gestured for Calypso to follow him. She seemed reluctant to leave Leo, but she followed him anyway. Will let go of my hand to show Leo the infirmary. I looked around at Percy and Annabeth  walking to the dining pavilion with Piper and Jason.
Hazel and Reyna walked over to me.

"Hey, Nico, about Camp Jupiter. Are you going to come? Is Will going to come?"

I nodded my head and started heading to the pavilion with them.

"Yep! We're both going to come!"

Hazel smiled. Reyna kept a straight face.

"That's great, Nico! I'm so glad!" Hazel chirped.

"You'll like it there. In New Rome, I mean." Reyna told me.

I smiled.

"Well, I'm going to go start packing then, bye guys!"

I waved to them and started towards my cabin.

"Bye, Nico!" They called back, "Meet us at the Big House after dinner!" They yelled in sync.

I gave them a thumbs up without turning around.

I got to my cabin and grabbed the duffel from the trunk at the foot of my bed. Then I threw in what little I had, clothes, photos, a little bit of jewelry. (I feel no shame.)

Then I remembered that I left my sword in the infirmary. I rushed out of my cabin and was halfway to the infirmary when a couple of Apollo jocks stepped in front of me.

Uh-oh.

I started to turn and run back to my cabin when someone grabbed the collar of my shirt, nearly choking me.

"Where are you going, Wimp?" The tallest asked.

I struggled to get away from his grasp, but it was no use. He was too much stronger than me. I glared at him.

"Let me go." I gasped.

"Fine."

He laughed and pushed me to the ground. All the air left my lungs and I gasped for air.
The group, three guys and two girls, sneered at me.

Another guy stepped forward and kicked me in the ribs. Pain shot through my torso. I tried to ignore it.

I struggled to my feet, just to be shoved down again. I thought about raising skeletons, but I couldn't. I was too weak.

"What's wrong, Freak? Skeleton got your tongue?" A girl sneered.

They all chuckled. The last guy stepped forward. I couldn't move. It hurt too much. He kicked me again and again. Pain shot through me like fire. One more kick and I would pass out, I knew it. Suddenly I heard footsteps run up to me. I couldn't see who it was.

"Nico! What did you do to him?" I heard none other than Percy Jackson ask.

I saw the five start to retreat when Annabeth and Piper came into view. They went after the girls. Throwing punches and kicks. The girls didn't stand a chance and ran away to the cabin with bloody lips and black eyes. Annabeth and Piper chased after them. I watched as the Apollo campers' eyes widened with fear. Percy and Jason came into view, rubbing their knuckles. They got into a full out brawl. Two against three and my friends were winning.

"Nico!" I heard someone shout. I knew that voice.

Will.
Hey guys! Get ready for a story spam!