Chapter 12

NPOV: 12
I reluctantly wrapped my finger around the parcel and unwrapped it. I was secretly terrified of what I might find. When I saw what it was I gasped and nearly dropped the package.

Inside the wads of paper were two, identical gold and silver rings that read "You are my sunshine."

I looked up at Will.

"Do you you like them?" He asked nervously.

"I love them!" I jumped up and wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

At first he was surprised, then he realized what I was doing. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up. We started laughing and I laughed right along with him.
Will set me down and looked into my eyes.

"Just kiss already!" My dad yelled.

Will laughed nervously. I rolled my eyes and brought him in for a kiss. After half a moment he kissed me back.

" 'bout time." Dad mumbled and stalked off.

"Give me a call when your ready to go back to camp!" He yelled back at us from the next room over.

I pulled away and laughed with Will. And for the first time in a long time, I just let myself. Not afraid of who heard me. Because, honestly, I was not scared anymore, and I don't think Will was either.
✨✨✨✨
Will looked down at his arms. We were sitting in the dark living room of my dads house.

"You're thinking about Emma aren't you?" I asked.

He nodded solemnly. I could tell he was about to start crying. I knew without my help, it wouldn't take him long to lose it.

"I have an idea." I told him excitedly.

He looked up at me and sniffed.

"What if you got a tattoo? I know Emma would think it was a neat way to remember her. So, you could go to the tattoo parlor and get all of your patients' names written down."

I had put a lot of thought into this idea. I really thought it could work. I hoped it did. He looked back down at his arms.

"I don't know, there's so many, where would I have them all written?"

I shrugged, but I had secretly planned is out, too.

"Your back?" I offered.

He thought about it.

Please, please, please. I thought.

Finally he nodded.

"Okay, I'll do it."

"Really?" I asked excitedly.

He smiled.

"Yeah. Really."

I threw my arms around him. He hugged me.
This was going to work after all. I told myself, and I believed it.
✨✨✨✨
After a while Will had decided he was hungry and was ready to head back to camp. Time was weird here and he wanted to be back by breakfast time.

We walked into my dads office where he was sorting different papers around his desk. He glanced us as we walked in hand-in-hand. He smiled. Will's face reddened. I rolled my eyes.

"Ready to go back?" He asked.

Will nodded.

"Yep." I said.

"Alright, but before you go, I should warn you about just how it is you'll be getting back to camp."

I tilted my head.

"You can't just shadow-travel us?"

He shook his head.

"It's not that simple. Basically, I'll have to transport you using my means of transportation, when I transport you, all of your worst memories will surface and you'll watch them before your eyes. It's pretty horrid since this mode of transportation was meant for gods, they weren't really thinking about what it would do to demigods when it was invented." Hades explained.

Will gulped.

"There's no other way to get back?" Will asked.

His voice was shaking. Hades shook his head sorrowfully. Will looked down, suddenly very interested in his orange converse.

"Whatever it takes." I told my father.

He nodded but looked at Will, clearly unconvinced.

"Alright, on the count of three. One." Hades started.

I took a deep breath.

"Two."

I glanced over at Will. He looked scared out of his mind. I squeezed his hand.

"Three."

Hades flicked his wrist and instantly shadows started spiraling around us.