Chapter 10

WPOV:
I will admit, I did not expect to see the Lord of the Underworld interrupt dinner.

We had driven all around town with no luck, so Jason, Jacob, and I had finally returned to Camp Half Blood. I hadn't wanted to return. It took scolding from Jason, Jacob, and my mother to finally persuade me. Even then I had knots in my throat.

We had driven back to camp and my fists were clenched so tightly that my nails dug into my palms and drew blood.

Whoops.

At first everyone had celebrated our arrival. Until they noticed the look on my face and that Nico wasn't with us. Percy shoved his way to the front of the crowd, eyes wide.

"Where is he?" Percy yelped.

"He's not with you?" Jason asked softly.

Percy shook his head.

Jason looked back at me. Percy glared at me.

I started crying. The full effects of what I had done had just started to hit me.

It was my fault. Everything was my fault. If I had just kept my promise. Oh gods, I was such an idiot. Nico deserved better than me.
Percy started screaming at me. Huge, deadly screams.

I was so caught up in my own thoughts that  I didn't hear a word he said, but I know he kept at it for a long time.

Annabeth eventually pushed her way up to Percy trying to calm him down but it was no use. He turned and sprinted back to his cabin. She shot me one last sympathetic look before racing off after him.

Chiron flopped his way easily the front of the crowd. He took one look at Jason, Jacob, and I and whispered calmly.

"Where is Nico?"

Jason shook his head.

"We don't know." Jason replied.

Then Jacob laid out the whole story pausing at the parts that he didn't know so that I could explain.

When we were done Chiron nodded.

"Time for dinner." He finally announced and turned towards the pavilion, the crowd of kids followed after him without a word.

Jason and Jacob looked shocked but eventually started following. They turned when they realized I wasn't following them. Then they walked back over to me and started to pull my towards the pavilion. I didn't put up a fight.

I hadn't eaten a bite of my pizza when Hades appeared out of no where standing on the Hades table. I was still crying and hardly noticed.

"WHO HERE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING MY SON DEVELOP FEELINGS? WHO IS THE BOY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SONS TORTURE!" Hades roared.

The entire camp looked at me. I looked up, still sobbing. I noticed Hades was eyeing Percy Jackson who was crying quietly into his sandwich next to Annabeth.

I stood up, head hung.

"I am." I spoke at just above a whisper.

He glanced at Percy one more time before turning to me. He scowled and he looked briefly of Nico. I sobbed harder.

"WHO ARE YOU?"

"M-m name i-is W-Will S-Solace. Son of A-Apo-ollo." I said quietly between sobs.

He sized me up, then stepped off his table appearing right next to me.

"Come on, Will, we need to have a talk."

Immediately I was enveloped in shadows. I didn't even care. Whatever he decided to do to me, I deserved it.

(Sorry this chapter is sooo short! It's only like 500 something words! I apologize! I'll get another chapter up soon!