Chapter 20

NPOV: (A/N this is also the last chapter before the epilogue so read up!)
I can only watch as they yank Will away from me. One of them tackles me and throws me to the ground. I land with a hard thud. My vision blurs momentarily.

I hear Will screaming at them, desperately trying to escape their hold. But it's two against one. They have the upper hand. Still Will desperately kicks legs and thrashes about.

Caleb starts to kick me. I can see Will becoming even more upset. He's shaking with rage and tears are streaming down his face. His hair is flopping everywhere.

"No! Please, don't hurt him! He's been through enough! Leave him alone! Hurt me instead if you want! Leave him alone!" Will screams desperately.

They don't listen. Caleb releases a second kick. Will struggles some more and screams louder. I can tell its a struggle for the boys to keep a grip on him now. Caleb kicks again. Finally Will breaks his arms free from their grasp and I expect him to dash out the door and run while he can. Instead he launches himself towards me, wrapping his arms around me like a protective blanket. He takes a few kicks from Caleb before he turns and swings his arm at him, knocking Caleb off his feet. He three boys hear footsteps approach the door and quickly scramble out the window.

Will runs over to the door with me in his arms and throws it open. Chiron is standing outside. Will quickly explains what happened and Chiron gallops off, yelling orders at fellow campers to go find them.

Will walks me over to the bed and sits down, cradling me in his arms. I realize I'm sobbing and I probably have been for a while. I quickly try and calm myself down. I only make it worse.

Will rubs my back and smooths my hair, whispering calming words to me. I instantly calm down and just lay in his arms. I block out everything else in the world. All that matters is that Will is okay. I gradually regain my strength and smile.

"I love you, Will." I tell him.

He smiled back at me.

"I love you, too, Nico."

I let myself fall asleep in his arms. I think I deserve to.
✨✨✨✨
When I wake up, Will is still holding me. I smile and look around. He's talking to Chiron, Reyna, Hazel, Jason, Leo, Piper, Annabeth, and Percy. Who are all crowded in my room to hear what happened. Will explains it all very calmly. Reyna starts yelling something at Chiron and Percy and Jason join her. Chiron silences them with a hand.

"Thank you, William. I assure you that the hooligans will receive a fair punishment. I think expelling them from camp will work nicely." He tells Will.

Will nods and Chiron quickly leaves the room. Will notices that I'm awake. He smiles at me.

"How are you doing, Sunshine?" He asks.

"Better." I tell him and nuzzle up against him, not caring who sees.

He starts rubbing my back.

"That's good."

Leo, Piper, Jason, and Percy all start fangirling madly.

I roll my eyes but laugh. I love my friends. I look back to Will who leans in and whispers.

"Let's give them something to fangirl about."

"I thought you'd never ask."

So Will leaned down and carefully placed a kiss on my lips. It wasn't a long kiss. But it was enough. The entire room went insane. Even Reyna was smiling. Which I personally felt was a huge accomplishment.

"You're the best, Solace." I whispered.

He chuckled.

"You're pretty amazing yourself, di Angelo."

I smiled.

"I know."

He laughed and I laughed with him.
For the first time in my life, I knew exactly where I belonged.