Chapter Ten

SOPHIA

That ironic moment when you're trying to avoid someone and you end up bumping into them, literally.

As soon as I got home from the party I made it my mission to avoid Damon. I even kept my bedroom window and curtains closed to make sure I didn't see him.

I was really shaken up over the fact that I didn't mind his company when he was being nice to me. The realization absolutely terrified me. So my plan was to avoid him as much as possible until I was sure his presence would only disgust me again.

Unfortunately my plan failed when I decided to take a walk and ended up being plowed over by a very shirtless Damon. Those abs definitely didn't help me feel disgusted by him. I couldn't even bring myself to be rude to him, but I came up with a good excuse for that to draw away his suspicion.

I shook my head to get Damon's shirtless chest out of my mind. I shouldn't be thinking about him, all my thoughts should've been about Dylan. I was currently sitting in a booth at an ice cream parlour, waiting for Dylan to show up so we could talk about what happened last night.

"Fia, you're here." I heard from directly beside me.

So he did decide to show up. A part of me thought he'd be too ashamed to show up.

"Of course I'm here, I'm the one who asked you to come." I pointed out. Apparently he wasn't the smartest guy in the world.

"Right, so anyway what did you want to talk about?" He asked as he slid into the seat across the table from me.

Seriously? He was playing dumb? He forced himself on me last night and he didn't know why I wanted to talk to him?

My blood boiled and anger pulsed in my veins, but I pushed it away.

I will not get mad, I will not get mad.

I took a deep breath before replying "I wanted to talk to you about what happened at the party."

It was like a lightbulb went on above his head as realization took over his features.

"Look, I'm really sorry about that, I wasn't thinking and I was drunk." He quickly blurted out, reaching out to grab my hand, but I put my hands under the table before he could reach.

"I know, and I accept your apology. I just want to make it clear to you that I'm not gonna rush into things, and this isn't going to work if you're not willing to wait." I explained.

I thought about this all night when I should've been sleeping. People do stupid things when they're intoxicated. As long as Dylan realizes what he did was wrong, and won't do it again, it was only fair to give him a second chance. It wasn't even completely his fault, I was the one that went into a bedroom with him while he was drunk. I couldn't punish him for something that I had a part in.

"I totally understand and I'll wait as long as you want me to." He told me, stretching his hand out towards me, and this time I put my hand in his.

"Good." Was my only response.

I was glad he was being so cooperative. If he had said he wasn't willing to wait I would've broken up with him right then and there. I didn't want to lose Dylan, he's always meant so much to me, but I couldn't be with someone that didn't respect my boundaries.

"Now that that's over with, do you want to go out with me tomorrow night?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I agreed, a smile tugging at my lips. I felt so relieved that we moved past the unpleasantness of last night.