Chapter Thirty-Two

SOPHIA

I sighed as I waited for Damon, who should've been over a couple minutes ago to pick me up for our group get together at Tea Leaves Café. 

I told him yesterday that I had a perfectly functioning car I could use to get there, but he insisted on driving me. He was turning into quite the gentleman, he even bought me lunch yesterday and pulled out my chair at our table, in front of everyone in the cafeteria. 

I don't know what changed, but ever since that night on the roof things had been different with him. In a good way. 

The only thing that could make him more perfect was if he was on time more often. I was already nervous that Alex and Garrett wouldn't get along, and now I was adding the possibility of being late to my growing list of things to stress about. 

A sudden knock at my front door startled me out of my thoughts.

I swung open the door and was greeted with Damon's smiling face.

His eyes took their time scanning me from head to toe, and once he was done his smile was gone and replaced by that smirk of his.

"See something you like?" I teased as I walked out the front door, closing and locking it behind me.

"Yeah." He agreed bluntly.

I giggled lightly and blushed, turning away from him quickly before he saw it.

"Lets go." I said impatiently, grabbing his hand and dragging him to his car still parked in his driveway.

"We're in no rush sweetheart." He told me, pulling my hand so I was walking slowly beside him instead of speed walking and dragging him along.

"What if Alex and Garrett get there before we do? That would be so awkward for them." I explained. I was overthinking, but that was how I coped when I got nervous. 

He chuckled as we got into his car, "Guys aren't like that."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief. "I wanna be a guy." I added as an afterthought. I always felt awkward and uncomfortable when I was put into any kind of situation with a stranger. 

Damon shook his head, "I think I like you better as a girl."

"Why? Because you can freely check me out since I'm a girl, but if I was a guy people would think you're into guys." I teased, referring to when he couldn't keep his eyes off me not too long ago.

I looked over at him when he didn't respond and noticed the tips of his ears go red. He was blushing. Usually I'd tease him about it but today I decided to show him some mercy. 

Minutes later we arrived at Tea Leaves, and when we got out of the car I saw Garrett and Alex sitting in a booth together, laughing.

It looked like things are going well so far. I was already feeling my nerves melt away. 

Damon took my hand and led me into the Cafe, and once we reached the boys I took the spot beside Garrett while Damon took the spot beside Alex.

"Why did you two have to be enemies for so long, we make the perfect group." Was Alex's greeting to us.

"He was a jerk until this year." I replied with a shrug, gaining a glare from Damon.

"I don't know, I still think he's a jerk." Alex commented, snickering.

I nodded my head, "I totally agree."

"Who's being the jerk now?" Damon asked me rhetorically.

I just rolled my eyes in response.