Chapter Thirty-Five

SOPHIA

I was going to kill Candy. How could she do something as cruel as telling Damon I was cheating on him? I knew she had a weird obsession with him but I never expected her to do something like that. And cheating with Garrett of all people? Why couldn't a guy and girl be friends without everyone thinking they were hooking up?

Thankfully Damon and I worked everything out pretty easily. We were back to the way everything was before our fight, but that meant I was a nervous wreck over being in love with him. I desperately wanted to tell him but I couldn't get the words out. I didn't have the courage. 

I needed him to say it first. That was the only solution. 

"Hey there beautiful." Damon said as he took his assigned seat beside me.

"It's about time you showed up." I teased as the bell rang.

"I'm not even late!" He exclaimed, his eyes going comically wide.

I laughed and opened my mouth to reply but Mr. Willis, a.k.a Mr. Devil, shushed me.

I shot him a glare when he wasn't looking, and heard Damon snicker beside me.

Shut up butt face! I wrote on a piece of paper and slid it over to him.

I looked over as he read it, a small smile on his face as his eyes ran over the words. Then he quickly wrote something down and passed the note back.

Butt face? C'mon sweetheart you can do better than that. 

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, but accepted his silent challenge.

Fine, how about I just go back to badass bunny? I think I liked that one the best.

I suppressed a smile when I heard him scoff at my reply.

Bugs Bunny was a stud, I bet he got all the chicks. It's only a matter of time until I have you.

Could boys go more than five minutes without thinking about sex? The words he wrote and what they meant made me blush badly while he was so nonchalant about it. 

You'll have to work for it Mr. Blake. 

After I passed the note back to Damon I heard him cough to mask a laugh, but he didn't get a chance to write his response because Mr. Willis was suddenly right in front of our desks, glaring down at us.

"I'll be taking that." He said and grabbed the note, walking back to the front of the class as he  read it.

His face was priceless, a mixture of shock and amusement, and it took everything in me not to burst out laughing.

Damon, on the other hand, wasn't as restrained and couldn't help but chuckle quietly beside me.

"No more note passing. I don't want to have to read anything else you two send each other." Mr. Willis said, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

Damon and I both nodded, afraid that if we opened our mouths to speak the loud laughs we were desperately trying to hold in would come out.

Once Mr. Devil had his back to us to write something on the chalkboard Damon leaned over and whispered "I like the sound of Mr. Blake."

I shoved him away and tried to look unamused, but I was giggling on the inside and I was sure Damon could see right through me.

Of course he would like the sound of Mr. Blake, he probably had some weird student teacher fantasy or something.

After that we actually paid attention and tried learned something, and before I knew it the bell had rung and we were heading towards our table at the cafeteria.