Chapter 3: Quarterback?

Edited

Once the others and I enter the kitchen of the Hale house. We see a very very beautiful woman at the stove cooking away. She turns to look at us with a big smile. "Hello! I'm Talia Hale nice to meet you. What are your guy's names?" She asked with a big smile. "I'm Stiles Stilinski and this is my best friend Scott McCall. It's nice to meet you!" I said as she walked over to Derek. Scott, Cora and I all sat at the table as Talia pulled Derek to the living room. We could still hear their conversation still though. I tried to not listen but my ears just kept zoning in on their conversation. Oops?

"Derek honey, what's wrong?" She asked Derek you could hear the concern in her voice

"Mom I'm fine. I need to go help the others with our project now if you don't mind" Derek answered.

As they walk, back into the kitchen Talia says with a smile on her face "Derek honey you should try out for the football team. Maybe you could make some more friends that way"

"Mom the football team has a quarterback already, they won't want another one," Derek said as he sits at the table to start the project.

Derek got a sympathetic look from almost everyone in the room. "Derek you should join I bet you would kick Jackson Whittemore's ass he is currently the quarterback but you could probably take his spot. Even if I haven't seen you, play doesn't mean I don't think you can make the team you can and you will. I know it," I said with whole-heartedly truth.

Derek looked at me, gave me a sheepish smile, and says, "You think so?" I let out a little laugh and said "I know so" Cora looked at her twin and gave him a huge smile ,and said "Derek back in New York you were the best quarterback our school had ever seen so yes we think you will kick ass at the tryouts". Derek let out a sigh and he looked now more at home with us than I had seen all day

We could all see that Derek has a little bit of a blush going me personally thought it was cute. The way the tips of his ears turn a dark shade of pink along with his cheeks.

Why am I thinking about him like this!

He is obviously not gay like look at the dude he looks as straight as a pencil for god's sake! There is bendy pencils right?

Dammit, wh- Mr. Hale pulled me out of my thoughts returning home. Once he got into the kitchen, you could tell Derek looked a lot like his father like his Raven black hair, his plump lips, bright green eyes, and muscular build. He looked just like twins almost. It was a bit scary actually.

Mr. Hale walked over to the table that we were all sitting at and ruffed up Derek's hair while kissing Cora's cheek. It was sweet to watch. "Hey guys how was school?" Mr. Hale asked all of us as he sat down in the empty chair next to Derek.

Cora was the first one to speak up with a happy tone of voice "good but now we have a stupid chemistry project due later this week... Oh yeah! Derek is going to try out for the football team! Isn't that great!" She finished speaking with a big smile on her face.

Derek did not look impressed with his twin. He sounded like he was growling at her like...

An actual growl!

Like a dog or wolf...

I looked over at Scott he must have noticed too because he looked confused also. Just then Mrs. Hale smacked Derek upside the head and grabbed him by his ear and dragged him out to the living room once again we could hear a muffled version of their conversation, once again I tried to act like I was listening to Scott or Cora but all I was actually listening to was Derek and his mom.

I heard Derek's mom ask him in a firm tone of voice "what is wrong with you today?!? You cannot growl at Cora in front of your new friends. I get if you wanted to tell dad about football and even if your wolf powers don't kick in until your 18 birthday. You still are not allowed to growl at people. That's why we had to leave New York remember?!?!"

Did she just say wolf powers like a werewolf...?

"Yeah, mom I remember why we left New York. But I wanted to tell dad it's my choice to play so it could have been me to tell him!" Derek finished and his mom wiped some stray tears that he didn't even know he let fall until his mom wiped them.

Talia huffed than pulled her son in for a hug. "I know Der. It's going to be hard to adjust to a new city but you can do it I know you can" she said while she released Derek from the hug she had him in "go upstairs take a nap you look like you need one I'll tell your friends that they can stay for dinner and you can finish the project later. Okay?" she said with a sweet smile. "Yeah okay thanks, mom" with that Derek left to go up to his room.