Chapter 11: First game

Edited

I sat down next to Mrs. Hale, we all cheered as the team runs out onto the field, Derek leading the charge as the team captain. I decided to go and wish him good luck along with Cora and Scott. The three of us made it down to the sidelines next to Mr. Hale Sr. I watch Derek closely as he runs the length of the field. Soon enough coach blew his whistle and all the players made their way over to the sidelines kneeling in front of coach and Mr. Hale Sr.

"Alright ladies! Game day! Do the plays that Hale says! And that means you too Whittemore!" Coach said I snicker at that last bit of his speech, I know Jackson heard me. I'll probably pay for that later, but for now, I don't care.

"Coach if you don't mind you suck at prep talks" Mr. Hale Sr. said.

"Yeah okay team this is Derek's grandpa. Jerry Hale national football hero or role model. So listen up!" Coach yelled as everyone's jaw dropped.

Derek stood walked over to his grandpa as he gave him a side hug before speaking "Grandpa I know this is really really bad timing but are you still mentoring my old team back in New York?" Derek asked in a slight whisper. "Yeah why want me to say hi to all your friends?" Derek just nodded with a smile. "Alright kid I will but listen now or I will make you run around the preserves when we get home"

Derek gulped and nodded still standing by his grandfather.

Mr. Hale Sr started to talk in almost a yell. "Alright boys! You know that it's a game but it's your game play it like you want it! And also I had this coach back in the NFL that had this saying 'if you think you can or you think you can't your right' so believe in yourself. If a teammate makes a mistake don't go and beat them up about it give them reassurance them that they get it next time. Last thing have fun! "He finished. Derek gave him a hug, before going to give Cora than Scott a hug lastly; I got a nice big hug from my sourwolf. Even though he smelt a bit bad, it was still nice.

Derek whispered, "Thank you again Stiles I wouldn't be here or with you by my side of it wasn't for you so thank you". "You're welcome sourwolf. Go kick some ass than we can go get some ice cream later." I say he smiles then nods before running of while putting his helmet on. He looked at me and gave me a wink. This sent butterflies through my stomach.

The game was about to start so the four of us made our way back to the rest of the Hale family. I sat by Nathaniel Cora by me and Scott by her. "Thank you for making my boy happy again" Mr. Hale said to be as kickoff happened.

"Derek deserves to be happy, and he makes me as happy as I make him," I say to him with a smile "I've seen the looks he gives you. I never seen him look at anyone like the way he looks at you, not even his ex who he has dated for years. Not even then" all I could do is smile at what Derek's father is saying.

The game is in full swing, very close game but Derek is doing fabulous the score is currently tied at 40-40, Mr. Hale Sr was almost jumping out of his skin as the clock was running down fast. Derek got the ball one last time he throws the ball the length of field nearly to Isaac his teammate as he runs it in for one last touchdown as the buzzer rang. We all jump to our feet and cheer loudly. We all walk down to the field. Derek was surrounded by the team all giving him pats on his back. Once he spots us he runs over, gets hugs from everyone.

"Did I do good grandpa?" He looks at his grandfather for approval. "That's the best I've ever seen you play boy!" He praises his grandson.

"How about you go get changed and we all go out for ice cream?" I asked the whole group and they all nod excitedly. I watched Derek run off with the rest of his new team to go get changed. Scott and I walked with the Hale family down to the cars. I started to talk to Cora and Scott once Derek came. He had taken a really long time so me being me I was every into the conversation hadn't even realized he had come out. Until he spun me around, I was so not expecting that so I let out a very unmanly squeal as he placed his lips against mine.

He was the one to deepen the kiss he licked my bottom lip asking for an entrance, which I obviously accepted. Our kiss was getting pretty heated, but someone coughing interrupted it. I detached my lips from Derek, which earned me a whine. I looked up to see everyone starting at us. I felt my face turn a shade of red I don't think it ever has, I heard Cora and the rest laugh at us, Derek let out a low growl at his family which made them laugh even harder.

"Alright love birds. Let's go get some ice cream, Stiles and Scott do you guys want to spend the night?" Mr. Hale asked. "Scott and I would love to, thank you," I said with a smile as I look at Derek with a smile. Once we got our ice cream, we headed back to the Hale house. Scott slept in Cora's room. While I was with Derek, It was the best sleep I had gotten in months. The comfort of having someone you love just makes it a whole lot better.