Chapter 22: More of a family to me

Sunday passed fast Cora, Scott, Derek,and I all hung out and tried to not think about how we had to go to school tomorrow, but before we all know it the alarm clock rang alerting us to our first day back at hell.

Yay us!

I got dressed before heading downstairs to have breakfast also to see dad before heading off to school. Once all that was finished I got into my beloved jeep before racing to school, I may be a little bit late. Not by much though as I pulled into the school parking lot the first thing I spotted was the very lovely comaro and even more beautiful driver who was leaning on the driver side door. His head tilted back and looking up at the sky Cora in the same position standing next to him.

As I parked my jeep and started walking towards him. All eyes in the courtyard and parking lot turned towards me. I don't think Derek noticed me yet as he was still looking at the sky, as I reached him he was still looking at the sky he must really be thinking hard in that beautiful head of his. I poked him on the forehead gaining his attention, once he laid eyes on me his face broke out on a giant smile. He pulled me into a gigantic hug before giving me a quick kiss.

I could hear all the comments some were good and some were not. I could tell Derek heard them too by the way his shoulders sagged and he didn't have the big smile he had before. I looked him in the eye before speaking.

"Derek don't listen to them. There opinions don't matter one bit. They are trying to get to you, and by the looks of it it's working, don't give them the satisfaction of showing them that they have succeeded in doing so. What matters is that you are happy. Don't give in to there bullshit comments, who cares what they think I certainly don't give a flying fuck what they think nor will I ever. Okay so please keep your head up and stay strong, I love you and that's all matters. So cheer up sourwolf you don't to so good with a frown." I finish my rant and see that there is a single tear running down his face.

He sighed with a shaky laugh. "What did I do to deserve you? And I love you too" he said and I just grinned. I grabbed his hand pulling him towards the school, Cora not far behind us she looked close to tears after my rant so it must of been pretty good. Once we got our schedules and went to our lockers we stopped at mine grabbed my school crap before we went to Derek's. Once we got there there was a picture of Derek after the last game with his old team tapped on his locker.

Derek looked at it with a very confused look."What the hell?" He questioned before taking it off the locker. "Well well look at the traitor!" Jackson basically screamed catching everyone attention who was passing and I even noticed that Jackson caught coach Finstocks attention.

"Jackson it great to see you again." Derek said sarcasm dripping from each word he spoke. "So mind telling the team and school why you decided to play for our rivals?" he questioned disgust clearly there.

"Those guys are more of a team and a family then this team will ever be. They accept anyone different or not, that's more than I can say for this team! You guys hate and judge before you give someone a chance to prove themselves. How do you think that makes the person feel! If this team doesn't accept each other then how do you expect to be able to play as a team if your not one off the field? And if that's the way this team will run I want no part of it. And I don't care if you guys all hate me I got the people who I need that will stand behind my decisions. You all need to learn to accept before anything else." Derek finished and started to walk away before stopping and looking at Jackson.

"And I love him that's all that matters so you can continue the rude comments I don't care as long as I have him. And that team will be more of a family to me being 1000 miles away then you guys will ever be." He finished grabbed my hand as he lead me to our first class. As we sat down I turned to him with a big smile. "I'm proud of you " I said giving him a quick kiss. "Stilinski! Hale! No PDA in my class or I'll separate you two. We wouldn't want that now would we?" Harris said as he sat down in his chair. The whole class' attention was now on us. I smirked when Derek muttered a ' no ' of course me not liking Harris decided to be a little dramatic.

So I gasped with wide eyes "no I can't live without my sourwolf!!" I said as I threw my arms over Derek's neck. Harris looked at me as if I was crazy as the class burst out laughing. Derek just smiled then buried his face into my neck. I could hear the coos of the girls as Harris I think just gave up and started to teach. Now the only thing to look forward to is the giant tournament in a month. I know Derek's team is going so is his new one. So it should be interesting.