Chapter 24: The tractor

Edited

The tournament was scheduled to start today. I looked through who Derek was scheduled to play also and he doesn't play his old team. This is good, I could tell that he really missed playing as a roughrider but was staying strong.

I look over at Derek as he was getting dressed in a dark blue dress shirt that was rolled up to his elbows and some black slacks and dress shoes. And I will tell you he looked mighty fine. And the slacks.

OMG HIS ASS!!

I can't take my eyes off it.

Ugh why must he look like a Greek god!

Derek must have felt that I was starting because without turning around he spoke. "You done looking at my ass Stiles?" He questioned while raising an eyebrow at me. I may or may not have let out a very very manly yelp. "Nope. Seriously Der why is your ass so nice?" I said with a smirk as a red blush took over his face. He shook his head at me with a sigh.

We left for the game not long after, once we arrived at the field Derek headed off to the change rooms with Isaac. I looked over at the side of the change room building to see the asshat Jackson talking with a mysterious guy. But I have to say the guy was HUGE! He's like a tractor!

I decided to shrug it off and walk to grab a snack and a seat on the bleachers. I was almost at the line before I was tackled to the ground by who I assume to be the roughrider team. They were all laughing as Kyle helped me up with a smile. I couldn't help but smile back. "Whatcha guys doing here?" I questioned as we got our snacks and made our way to the bleachers.

"You didn't think we would miss Derek's game did you?" Kyle questioned as we sat down next to Derek's family. I laughed as I spoke "I suppose not " the team greeted the Hale family just as the game was starting. Once I looked towards the other team. I saw the tractor!

This can't be good.

The game was almost done Derek winning 45-25. Derek had the ball just as the tractor guy came charging towards Derek. I was worse because Derek wasn't even paying attention when the guy tackled him with a very high tackle. The entire place gasped as Derek hit the ground with a ' thud' I watched as Derek laid there barely moving. You could see the rapid movement of his chest.

Talia let out a little scream as she saw the hit. I didn't care what the others did I just shot out of my seat and ran. I jumped the fence and just ran. I reached Derek the same time coach Finstock did.

The sight was not pretty. Derek laid there with wide, unfocused, and droopy eyes. I kneeled beside him "Der!" I said in a panic when I saw the state he was in. Coach wasn't much better. He quickly pulled out his phone and called 911. He made it so Derek couldn't move his neck to make sure he didn't hurt himself further.

It wasn't long before Nate was kneeling on the other side of me, while coach was at Derek's head. He took his hand just as I did. "Son! You're going to be okay!" Derek looked like he didn't even register what his dad said. Derek's eyes started to droop even more, it wasn't long before Derek drifted out of consciousness, and I could hear the sound of the ambulance not far away. Cora had just gotten to us as the ambulance came into view.

The paramedics reached us. They stabilized Derek's neck before taking off his helmet. They loaded him into the ambulance Nate told me and Cora to go with Derek as got Talia to the hospital safely. We sat in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, Derek's hand safely in mine; it wasn't long until we reached the hospital they wheeled Derek towards the CT machine to test for a brain bleed.

Cora and I sat in the waiting room waiting for news and for the rest of the Hales. It wasn't long before they were rushing in the hospital doors. Talia was the first to speak " how's he?!?" She questioned while looking around frantically. "We haven't heard anything yet." Cora said looking at her mom. "Even then he'll be okay. He turns 18 in a week he'll shift, healing everything." Nate said trying to sooth his wife. Just as she was about to speak a doctor came over to us.

He looked over everyone before stopping his gaze at Derek's parents. "Mr. and Mrs. Hale?" he asked. They both nodded, the doctor started to explain that Derek had been rushed into emergency brain surgery. To stop a small brain bleed. "If everything goes according to plan Derek should wake up within a couple hours of the surgery " he said before we all thanked him. The doctor went back to do the surgery.

It had been a couple hours the whole New York team was here also very eager to see their captain just as we are.

It had been nearly 6 hours before we were told that Derek was finished with the surgery and has been wheeled into a room. Apparently, the bleed was a bit larger than they expected but the surgery still went good. They told us as we were walking towards Derek's room that he should be released by the end of the week. Which happens to be Derek and Cora's birthday. Lucky us we don't have to sneak Derek out of here.

Once we got to his room and entered, I wanted to cry. There on the bed was my injured and pale sourwolf. I went to sit by the side of the bed taking his hand and waiting for him to wake up.