Chapter 7: OMG!

Edited

"Team captain is Hale!" He says I look over at Derek he looks like he is going to faint, but then I look over at Mr. Hale he looks like he couldn't be any prouder that his son is captain.

"Alright ladies! Hale will also be starting quarterback for the season so you do as he says or I will bench you!" coach continued to name the players and their positions. While Derek looked out in space. I poked him he looked at me small smile. "Congratulations team captain" I whisper in his ear. The smile on his face only intensified, later we all went back to the Hale house except for Scott his mom wanted him home but once got there we were swarmed by little children. "Hi Dake, Cara, Cassandra, and Dylan!" I say with a big smile "hi Stiles!" The children all say at once then I saw Talia by the kitchen door watching the whole interaction.

"Hey Mrs. Hale!" I say when the children went to do their own thing. It smelt amazing in the house I could only figure that Mrs. Hale was cooking something that would taste amazing.

"Hello Stiles! How was your day?" She asked me with a big grin as we walked into the area we did our homework a couple days earlier.

"My day was pretty great actually" I say and give her a big smile. She smiled right back. Derek walked into the kitchen area, again with no shirt. What is with this guy and going shirtless jeez? "Hey mom guess what!" Derek said excitedly as he sat right next to me big grin plastered on his face. "What honey? You know I don't like guessing games," Talia said as she walked over to the table. "Okay four things. Number one I made the team" Talia smile got bigger as she looked at her son. "Number two I got named team captain. Third thing I'm starting quarterback for the season and the fourth thing is that grandpa Hale is coming to my game this Friday!" He finished.

I looked over at Mrs. Hale she had tears in her eyes as she pulled her son into a bone crushing hug. "I'm so proud of you! My baby boy is growing up!" She said with a big grin. "Thanks mom but I need to breath still human for two more years," Derek said as he tries to gasp for some air. "Oh yeah sorry honey." She said letting go of him. "It's alright mom. It all wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Stiles. He is the one that convinced me to try again," Derek said to his mom than looking at me.

Talia walked over to me than gave me also a bone-crushing hug. She whispered a thank you in my ear. I nodded at her. She walked over to the stove and stirred whatever she was cooking. Without looking at me as I was about to text my dad asking him to come get me she spoke up "Stiles you're staying for dinner," Talia said now looking at me.

I look at Derek and Cora who are smiling at me "okay thank you" I said as Derek drags Cora and me to his room. Once I get in the first thing, I notice was pictures many many pictures Derek had. Some were he is in football gear with some people, which I think was his old team. I was back to reality when Cora asked what I want to do. As I sit in Derek's desk chair while the twins sit on Derek's bed.

"I don't care. What do you guys want to do?" I ask not really caring what we do. "We could watch a movie?" Derek said. Cora and I looked at him and nodded. With that Derek got of his bed grabbed his laptop and sat in the middle of the bed while Cora was at his right. He looked at me while he patted the spot on at his left.

I smiled and walked over to the bed once I sat down. He logged on to his computer, but before he could do anything, his screen saver showed on the screen. It was of Derek and this guy; they looked to be about the same age. I looked over at Derek's eyes starting to water. I notice Cora was rubbing his shoulder.

"Der are you okay?" Cora asked with a concerned tone. I noticed a stray tear had fallen from his eyes. "I'm fine. I just miss him," Derek said through a shaky voice. "Who is he if you don't mind me asking?" I said and both Hales looked at me. Probably shouldn't have asked that I thought. Derek left out a shaky sigh before speaking. "Promise me that you won't tell anyone" he told me I looked at him confused "I promise" he looked at me and I nodded "he was my boyfriend back in New York. He broke up with me saying he can't do long distance relationships "Derek said letting more tears fall.

He's gay

Omg he's gay!!

Yes!!

But at that moment I just felt bad for Derek he looked like his heart broke again when he saw that picture. I did what I thought was right which was I moved to be on my knees and I just hugged him. Cora ended up joining the hug. All I could hear was the sound of Derek's crying. It actually broke my heart. "You'll be okay. Okay?" I told him. He just nodded. Cora looked at me sadness in her eyes as her brother cries in my arms. "I'm going to give you some space" with that, Cora left. I moved to leave to but Derek's grip was only tightened as I moved.

"No please stay." Derek said with a shaky voice.

"Okay. I'll stay, but I'm telling you that it will get better trust me" I moved to lay down Derek still gripping at my shirt like if he wasn't I would leave him too. Once I was laying down Derek but his head on my chest and continued to cry. It eventually stopped I looked down at Derek he was fast asleep head still on my chest. His tears clearly shown on his now pink cheeks.

I can't believe he's gay. I feels so bad for him he clearly loved this person and they broke his heart. But why didn't he want me to tell anyone. Is it because of the way I am treated? That has to be it. I have to help him through this hard Time of his even if it's just as friends.