Chapter 14: Doesn't matter!

Edited

We arrived at the field before everyone else considering Derek is the captain. Once we exited the car Derek pecked my lips before running of to go warm up. I walked around with Cora and Scott until it neared game time. We chatted and had some good laughs until the horn sounded to let us know its 10 minutes until game time. The rest of the Hales and I made our way to our spots. Once we sat down the teams came running out, again Derek was leading the charge.

He looked over at smiles and me and winked at me. I felt my face heat up, all I could do is smile as I feel a pat on the back from Mr. Hale as I look at him he gives me a big smile. As he turns his attention back to the game. I saw Scott and I believe to be his new girlfriend walking up to us. "Hey Stiles! This is Allison! Allison this is Stiles and the hale family" Scott said as he sat down by me. Allison sat right next to Scott. "Hale as in Derek Hale. The new fantastic quarterback?" She said looking at Mr. And Mrs. Hale. "Yeah he is my son. Does he really have that good of a reputation at school for being the as you put it ' the new fantastic quarterback'?" Mr. Hale asked the three of us. I was the one to answer him. "Yeah Derek's got is now really popular at school actually. I think that is also one of the reasons that we are trying to keep our relationship a secret. "I told him as I look at the game that is in mid swing." But at the same time Derek could make a big statement for all the in the closet gays" I told him as I watch Derek pass Isaac the ball for another touchdown.

Mr. Hale looked at me with a sympathetic look as the game winds down to the last few minutes. If Derek's team wins that would mean that they are number one in their division. Coach at the very moment is sort of going bananas because they haven't won in like 10 years or something like that. The clock is at the last minute of the game. They are tied, Derek got the ball they are 10 yards away from the touchdown line. I could see that Derek was looking for someone to pass too but there was no one open. The clock hit the 10-second point; he started to run as he dogged everyone that tried to tackle him. He had made it to the line just as the buzzer sounded; every single one of Derek's teammates had him in a doggie pile and everyone from beacon hills high ran onto the field. I made my way down there slower with Cora, Scott, and Allison.

Once we got down there is was mayhem there was people everywhere. Cora was the one to spot Derek as she was running to give her twin her congrats. I saw her jump into his arms as he gave her a huge hug. The weird thing was that Derek had whispered something into Cora's ear that got her to squeal, she got a look that I'm not sure was a good thing. I started feeling a bit nervous as Scott and Allison had run up to Derek to congratulate him on his big win. I saw Mr. And Mrs. Hale talking to the coach as I now walked over to the rest of them. I smiled as I saw one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen on Derek to this moment.

"Hey congratulations sourwolf!" I say as I walk up to them. I had noticed that we were in a spot that almost everyone could see us, I also happen to notice that we were in center field. Derek didn't say anything as he walked over to me and smashed his lips against mine.

Holy shit he is kissing me in front of everyone!

This is a very good plan for coming out I must say didn't expect this

All I could hear was the gasps and coos of everyone around us. I'm also pretty certain that I saw some camera flashes but I was too in the moment to pay any attention to them. Derek was the one to pull away firsts; I look into sea green eyes. "I love you Stiles," Derek said. All I could do is smile, he said it first I was all giddy inside as I look at his big eyes " I love you too sourwolf" I said as he leans in and gives me another kiss.

Once I pull away, I look around and saw many happy faces but there were a couple from Derek's team that had a look of disgust. Just then, Isaac came running up to us and hugged both of us. "Hey Derek great timing for your coming out. And congratulations you too!" Isaac said as he patted both of us on the back.

Just then, I heard someone yell, "You're gay Derek! We can't have a fag as a captain!" I saw the look on Derek's face it was a mixture of sadness, anger, and hurt. "Why the hell not Jackson? Why does the person I love define me? I could love a unicorn and it would probably be better than if I were a guy who loves another guy. Why the fuck do you think it's okay to judge me? Love is love it shouldn't fucking matter that it's a guy or girl! If I love him that is all that matters. So you can go and shut the fuck up because it doesn't fucking matter!" Derek looked like he was going to blow a gasket as he went on his little rant. " oh and while I'm at it I think if we got all the in the closet gays to come out you would be surprised at how many people are afraid to come out because of the things you say about us. And really it doesn't matter" Derek said as he took my hand and led us to the car he slipped off his gear as he sat in it and waited for his parents.

"I think you did something very brave. I love you," I said as he smiles at me. To be very honest with myself I think Derek just changed the fate of gays and lesbians at beacon hills forever.