Chapter 23: Retired

This picture 😂😂I just had to put it in!
Edited

It was almost the time where the other teams would arrive. This year beacon hills had the honor to be hosting the tournaments. Coach Finstock has been making the boys practice like none stop it's somewhat crazy.

Derek was at practice, running his ass off the whole team didn't have their shoulder pads on just yet when I heard someone yell Derek's last name. I turned my head and a giant smile broke out on my face. Standing there was the whole roughriders team in there varsity athlete jackets. Derek had stopped running when he heard his name being called but now he is running to his team, his family. All the players' faces were priceless, but I could tell coach had a smile on his face.

I look back over at Derek to see him just make contact with the New York team. They all jumped on him trapping him under many many bodies. Once they all separated, Derek gave them what looks like individual secret handshakes. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight before me. I looked over at his current team to see them watching with wide eyes. I could see coach Finstock trying to hold his laughter.

The coach who I still have no name for came out of nowhere and gave Derek a hug. "we've missed you kid!" He said as he gestured to the team there was a chorus of " hell yeah!" And such. "Boys! Language! Or you'll run a lap. You know what you'll run it now!" There were many groans and complaints but once the coach shot them, a look they all took off running. The even better part is that they are all wearing jeans.

Derek looked over at his family before bursting out laughing. The coach looked over at him before breaking out in a smile. "You know what Hale?" I looked over at Derek's current team to notice that they are all watching the interaction. "What coach Rick?" Derek asked

RICK! That's his name.

"Now you got a lap too. Doesn't that sound fun?" He said Derek groaned before taking off muttering a fuck probably, thinking Rick couldn't hear him "and now it's two laps Hale!" He yelled after Derek. I couldn't help it I burst out laughing. Coach Rick looks at me before smiling and giving me a hug. "how you doing kid?" I give him a smile before watching Derek push and have fun with his team as he caught up with them.

"I'm great thanks for asking! How are you?" I said as he watched his team with a smile. "I'm good. The team really missed Derek. There all in a funk when there together." I was about respond when Finstock came over and introduced himself to rick. "I got an idea." Finstock said. I look over at him as he continues. "Does your team have its gear here?" he asked. Rick nodded "good suit your team up because it's scrimmage time!" He said with a smile "HALE!" Finstock called. Once Derek reached us, he came and he slung his arm over my shoulder. "Yeah?" He asked.

Finstock patted his shoulder before looking at the rest of the New York team. "You'll be suiting up as a roughrider for this scrimmage so go get ready." He said and Derek grinned before it dropped. I looked over "what's wrong Der?" I asked. "I don't have my uniform," he said with a disappointed look. "Not so fast son" Rick said before he pulled out his uniform from the bag that was lying at his feet.

Wow since when was that there

Derek grinned, "why do you have it?" He asked as he took his jersey running his fingers of the letters of his last name. "It's being retired kid" Derek and everyone on the new team gasped. "What why?" Rick looked over at Derek "Derek you were and still are hands down the best captain and friend that these boys have ever had and probably will ever have. So yes, I talked to the team and the decision was unanimous, the number will be retired as well as your locker.

Derek had a single tear running down his face "you guys are the best." Derek stated before telling his team to suit up. He gave me a quick kiss before running after his teammates.

Finstock told the other team to start warm up as Derek and team got ready

The team came out Derek right in front. Looking hot as ever. To be honest I like Derek better in the roughrider's colours better than the beacon hills colours

As the roughriders warmed up. The word must have gotten out that there was a scrimmage because the bleachers were packed with family and fans. Right before the game started Derek ran over to me. Something in his hands, before I could ask what he was doing he threw a jersey over my head. Once I looked down. I noticed it was Derek's other jersey. "Good luck!" I gave him a kiss before making my way over to the bleachers noticing that the Hales are already here.

Derek must have messaged them

They called me over. Right as I sat down it was kickoff time.

The game was amazing Derek and team played amazing. I wish I could say the same for the beacon hills team but oh well

Coach Finstock came over to Derek after the game. "Derek you played amazing. I can really see that these boys are more than just teammates to you. I wish the boys here would get their heads out of their asses to see that your just like anyone else you just happen to love Stilinski here." Coach said "so I'm sorry that you have to go through all the cold shoulders and what not. And I made a deal with Rick he may or may not have kept your name on the roster again so if needed during the tournament you will play with them." coach said.

Derek hugged him while whispering a ' thank you'