Chapter 15: New York?

Edited

It was a few days later from when Derek came out. I know it's been hard on him, I see some of the comments that he gets on his social media but he's being strong. It's good to be able to go out hand in hand in public even though it's summer and we won't get much criticism than if we were in school. But it's still feels nice, I've been in my bed staring at the celling just thinking about life that I didn't even hear my dad come in.

"son are you really going to lie here all day or are you going to get up and oh I don't know go see Scott or even Derek?" The sheriff asks as he looks down at Stiles who has now moved his gaze over to his dad. "why it's summer vacation and can't I just sta.." Stiles didn't get to finish his sentence because the doorbell rang. Stiles groaned knowing his dad was going to make him get up now that there was someone downstairs. "I'm going to go get that and you get up," he said with a strict tone. "Ugh! Fine" Stiles said knowing he can't win against his dad. I got up as my dad made his way to the front door. I couldn't hear what they were saying. I just know that they were having a pretty lengthy discussion over something that I couldn't give a damn right now. As I move to do my morning routine as I hope into the shower I hear my dad call me and tell me that he is going to work and to be safe. Like when am I never safe like jeez, once I had gotten out of the shower I brush my teeth and had thrown a towel on I had just stepped out of the bathroom when I got the scare of my life.

"Holy shit!!" I yell as fumble a bit. Once I catch my balance, I look to see who is sitting on my bed looking at me with a little smirk on their face. "What the actual fuck Derek!" I yell as my heartbeat steadies out. "Aren't you happy to see me?" He asked with fake hurt on his face. "Yes I'm happy to see you. You just gave the me a heart attack! So what brings you here sourwolf?" I said as I moved to grab some clothes and headed back into the bathroom to change. Once I came out, he stood up and gave me a big hug and kiss. "I have to tell you something and I also wanted to see my amazing boyfriend ever." I gave him a smile "okay what did you want to tell me?" I asked slightly confused, he looks at me and gives me a smile " well my family has decided to head back to New York for the rest of the summer and don't worry I already talked to your dad and you're coming with us."

I was still confused but once it clicked, I was smiling like a mad man. "You sure I don't want to intrude on your family time." I told him as I dried my hair. "But you are family and I want you to meet all of my New York friends and my old football team and my family. Please say you'll go" Derek pretty much begged me to go with him and his family so how could I say no. "Yeah sure sounds like fun. When do we leave and how long do I pack for?" Derek gave me a big smile and a crushing hug. "Hey der! Human needs to breathe!" I say as he squeezed all the air out of me. "Sorry sty didn't mean to hurt you," he said looking at the ground. "I'm okay but jeez are you sure you don't have your Wolfy powers yet because it sure felt that way." I said to him with a smirk. He just chuckled and looked at me from the floor. "No sorry I just got carried away. And we will be there for a month "I looked at him with a surprised look as it registered that I was going to New York for a month.

"Wow that's a long time," I said to him. He gave he a look that I could tell that he was a bit vulnerable. "You still want to go right?" He asked me in a small voice. "Of course I do! This is going to be so much fun!" I say as I was practically jumping up and down "so when do we leave?" I ask as I start to pack "umm... tomorrow?" Derek said as he looked at the ground once again. "Oh okay that's not bad. I still have time to pack. "Once I was done packing we decided that I was going to spend the night at Derek's as the flight down to New York was in the early morning. I said goodbye to my dad and Scott. As I headed to the Hale house with Derek in his black Camaro.

"We will be staying with my uncle Peter while we are there. He took over our old house. So I still have my old room that we will be staying in. And also totally forgot to mention this but we have an older sister and brother they are twins too their names are Laura and Dustin sorry I forgot to mention it. They weren't able to come here due to their college studies are still in New York." Derek said as he pulled into the forest to near the hale manor "wow Derek you have a lot of siblings. Did you know that?" I said as we pull into the driveway. Derek chuckled as he parked the car "they are going to love you and also my best friend Paige she is also going to love you too "he said exiting the car. I hoped out of the car and followed him in. Everyone was packed bags by the door and was getting the house cleaned for the departure.

The day was like any other day that I spent with the Hales. Once it neared bedtime, Derek and me went upstairs and got ready for bed. Once we were ready, I slipped under the covers, as did Derek. He pulled me in by the waist and kissed my lips. "I'm really happy you invited me," I said in the middle of the kiss. "I'm happy you said yes, I think we should get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow. I love you, sleep tight Stiles," Derek said as he nuzzled his nose into my neck. Soon I dozed off to sleep as I fell asleep in Derek's arms