Chapter 3

You had no idea where Jellal was taking you, but after he saved you, you didn't really want to complain. You had an ability of telling when someone was bad, and he eluded goodness and something else. What though, you couldn't tell. You haven't encountered it before. You hoped you'd figure it and figure out why he left that young girl. While you both were running away, his hood fell down, giving you a clear view of marking he seemed to have down one side his face.

Eventually Jellal saw the camp, he saw Meredy checking on Ultear who was still asleep. Two small tents, a small camp fire, and Ultear was laying outside to try and cool down her fever. You couldn't see the camp, only people that had been in it could see it. So you were staring at the forest blankly. Meredy spotted him and gave him a grim look. It was then he saw just how pale Ultear had got, her brows furrowed in a frown and sweat was rolling down her forehead in endless streams.

You watched as Jellal frowned at a clearing in the forest. You were confused but didn't question him. But when Jellal took another step you felt the magic pushing at you, pulling, determining something about you, looking to see if you were worthy. What though, you didn't know. The magic quickly brushed over you, what it was looking for it didn't find and before your eyes the clearing turned into a small camp. The girl with pink hair and headphones was there and glanced at you with wide eyes. She saw Jellal carrying you and gave him a look of understanding.

"Something happened?" Meredy asked Jellal, and Jellal nodded.

"(Y/N) was attacked by Vulcans and can't walk," Jellal informed, and Meredy frowned at the use of your name. They were supposed to stay distant from people, not getting attached and helping where they could.

You zoned out of their conversation and watched the woman that seemed to be asleep and in a lot of pain. Even from this distance you tell she had a bad fever, unnaturally pale skin and pink cheeks. Her dark hair fanned out above her head. But your quick scan of the camp showed no medicinal herbs or potions. There wasn't even a cloth on her head.

You interrupted Jellal's conversation, concerned about the poor women, "how have you been treating her fever?" You ask the two of them and they stare at you wide eyed.

"You can tell she has a fever?" Jellal asks shocked.

You frown slightly at him; didn't everyone not get a fever at some point? "Of course. She's pale, but has pink cheeks so she's obviously running a temperature. How has she reacted to medicines?"

Meredy dropped her head in shame, "she hasn't had any at all. Me and Jellal don't have a clue about medicines or healing. We don't even know what herbs to find."

You give her a smile, "don't worry about it," she glances up and you but you turn to Jellal, "put me down near her." Nodding Jellal steps around Meredy and places you next to the sick women. "What's your name?" You ask, glancing up at the girl with the pink hair.

Meredy's eyes widen in shock at how calm and nice you were being and answered without a thought, "Meredy."

"And the sick women?" You ask, putting the back of your hand on her forehead and frowning at the heat.

"Ultear," Jellal said, as Meredy tried to get over her shock. He kept a close eye on you as you started feeling different parts of Ultears face, using your sleeve to wipe the sweat off her forehead.

"Do you have any medicinal herbs?" You ask, knowing the women was too ill to not recover without medicines.

Meredy shook her head, tears forming in her eyes, "no. Can you help her?"

You nod your head and smile at the young girl. Hoping to improve her spirits. Keeping your promise to yourself, you remember everything will be fine, you just have to believe it will be.