Chapter 14

You walk slowing through the Capitol. It had never changed, even after all these years. The same goes for your mission. You pretended to glance at all the various stalls and people on your casual stroll, but your eyes darted around constantly, trying to find someone that you had been unsuccessful at finding so far.

Zeref.

The stadium came into view and you sighed, 4 years you had looked for the infamous dark wizard at the games and still nothing. You couldn't tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Something told you it was a bad thing, but you couldn't help be relieved that you never had to meet him. If the rumours were true, then you hoped he never showed his face.

You had arrived at the games after the preliminary round. You needed to find some herbs for Porlyusica, she sent you an urgent message asking you to find them in the forest surrounding the Capitol city. Which meant you hadn't seen all the guild compete but both Fairytail teams got in. The pain of their second source wasn't for nothing for team Natsu.

The herbs were for a girl that had been drained of magic power, a young girl and another exceed. Both were extremely ill, but they were in stable conditions so you didn't need to worry.

"SABERTOOTH ARE THE BEST!" You hear a familiar voice shout. Pausing, you turn towards the sound as a squeaky voice starts to argue back.

"FAIRYTAIL ARE THE BEST!"

"NA AH!"

"AH HA!"

Finally, you found the source of the arguing to find three exceeds. The red haired exceed and the Large frog your recognised, but the blue exceed was new.

"Lector," you smile, drawing the attention of the arguing exceeds, "you're making a scene."

Rubbing the back of his head, he gave you a sheepish grin, you couldn't help but notice the similarities between him and sting. Frosch ran up and hugged your legs. Over the years, the exceeds had visited the infirmary at the games stadium with the companions, and you had gotten to know the adorable little fluff balls. Which meant a lot of Frosch hugs, but now Rouge knew you weren't a threat he didn't mind...much.

"(Y/N)!" Frosch yelled in joy, "the blue exceed said to Frosch sabretooth is going to lose this year!"

The blue exceed gasped, pulling a fish out of nowhere and used it to point between Lector and Frosch, "MY NAME IS HAPPY! And I only said that because you said Fairytail was a loser guild!" Immediately the arguing started again between the large cats, and your eyes widened it shock. They certainly were passionate about their guilds, that much was obvious.

"Stop!" You ordered, and once again they stopped and turned their attention to you, "Lector it is not nice to call other people's guilds 'loser guilds'. And Happy? Is that your name?"

"AYE!" He yelled, as he started nibbling on his fish.

"You should ignore people and have faith in your guild," all the exceeds dropped their heads, "both your guilds are special to you, I understand that. But you can't go around badmouthing other people's guilds. Besides, you make your guild look bad by doing that."

All the exceeds gasp, and they all glanced at each other in horror. Happy, took the advice the wrong way, and his face turned red in anger.

"LISTEN HERE YOU! I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE BUT-"

The door of the bar you were standing next to burst open, revealing a familiar scarlet haired mage. Her white dress replaced with armour and a skirt. Once again, in her hand was a sword.

"WHAT IS ALL THE SHOUTING ABOUT!" She froze, "oh. Hi, (Y/N)."

You waved, "Hi Erza." You glanced down at Lector and Frosch, "you two should get back to sabertooth, Sting and Rouge will be worried." Nodding, the exceeds summoned their wings and flew up, before soaring over the crowd. You watched them vanish as they turned down another road with a sigh of relief, at least that argument is over.