Chapter 13

I am on fire this week with these updates! But I've just felt inspired. It's a bit shorter than normal, but you'll see why...

One Month Later

Jellal watches as you pace back and forward around the fire. The movement shaking the flames, creating long shadows along the wall of the sea cave. He shook his head at how worried you were about this plan. It would work, but it would be painful. No one ever got their second source and said how easy the process was. No, it was hard, painful and for a few days after would be pure agony.

But if anyone could get their second source and still turn up to the games the next day, Fairytail's Team Natsu would be able to. Their magic was as strong as their heart and their will to make their guild the best.

Everything seemed to working perfectly this year. Jellal, being the double of the once famous Fairytail S-Class Wizard Mystogan, was taking his place in the guild. He never showed his face, so Jellal wouldn't have to either. That meant he could finally get inside the games. Not only could he keep an eye on you, but he could also search for Zeref himself.

"Are you sure I shouldn't go with you?" You ask the trio around you, for what felt like the hundredth time to them, "what if the pain is too much for them to bare? What if you need my help and I'm too far away in this cave? What if-"

"-(Y/N)," Jellal sighs, "we've been through this. They can't see you, they can't associate you with us, or our guild."

You sigh, your head dropping, "I know, but this doesn't make this any easier. I hate seeing people in pain."

Ultear placed a hand on your shoulder and you glanced up at her, "it will be alright. They'll be here soon, so we'll have to go, but promise us you'll stay here. No matter what you hear?" She smiled softly at you, and you couldn't help but smile back.

"I promise not to intervene," you promise, with that the three of them swiftly left the cave, checking to make sure you had enough wood to keep the fire going. "Good luck," you called after them, as the disappeared down the beach.

*****

You cringed, as another scream filled the air. For a few hours now, the screams of the members of Fairytail filled the air as Ultear unlocked their second source. Once again, someone screamed, and this time, you decided you couldn't just sit around. Tipping the contents of your bag onto the floor, you grabbed the mortar and pestle and started grinding herbs.

Throwing in every pain killing herb you had, it wasn't a lot but various cloves and turmeric enough turmeric should be more than enough to at least take the edge off the pain. Eventually, you had created a small paste, mixing it with a bit of water and putting in a large vile. A spoonful is usually more than enough to be a pain killer.

The screaming had stopped now, and you had promised you wouldn't intervene. But walking around the beach and hoping to come across one of the members in pain wasn't intervening. It was luck, and a bit of twisting the rules.

You put the vile into your pocket and wander out of the cave, hoping you find someone to help. You could only bare hearing those screams for so long, and after the first few seconds you knew you promised too much when you promised not to help.

After only a few minutes you notice someone limping across the beach, you quickly run up to them. Scarlet hair flowed in the sea breeze, a white dress twisting and turning around her legs.

"Hello," you called out, running towards her, "are you alright?" But, as soon as you got close a sword was suddenly pressed against your neck. You gasped at the sensation of the cold metal pressing against your neck, and froze on the spot.