Chapter 15

Two days later

You yawned, glancing at the clock as the stadium shook in response to the battle now taking place. Wendy and Carla left this morning, nearly fully recovered after their ordeal. They wanted to be in the games, not just watch it. Sometimes, Porlyusica would turn on the screens for Wendy and Carla to watch during their stay. But turned it off to force them to rest, they were getting too excited for people too ill.

Wendy, who was the worst when you arrived, seemed to be completely back to normal. But you couldn't help but notice that something was off. Whatever attacked her scarred the poor girl. She spent a while sobbing after she woke up. The nightmares of what happened were too much for the young mage. But, she quickly came to terms with what happened, and if anything, it made her more determined to fight in the games. Maybe that's what helped her recover so quickly.

You admired her strength, but was worried about her. She had a lot of magic power for someone so young, but was she ready to fight? She's only just recovered from magic deficiency and Carla was acting strange. She would whisper every so often to Porlyusica, her eyes hard and stressed. Almost as if she was carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. You were happy the two of them could finally leave this room though, and after the kidnapping yesterday, you thought it would good for them to have some fun and not worry.

You weren't there for it. You went into town to collect some more herbs, but they tried to kidnap a Fairytail mage names Lucy. You weren't too sure what happened, but now a team called 'the thunder legion' was keeping the room under close watch.

Right now, only a 'man' named Elfman was in the room. Injured from an intense battle. But he was asleep so there was little to do. He also insisted on being called a man, not that you or Porlyusica listened to the white-haired mage. You called him by his name, and Porlyusica called him the cry baby with the white hair.

One thing was for sure though. This was certainly turning out to be a strange year at the games. You didn't even want to remember the 'encounter' from yesterday. You couldn't get rid of the blush from your cheeks all day.

You turn to Porlyusica, "I'm going to go get some fresh air. It might wake me up a little."

The pink haired healer frowns, "I see. Maybe you should go back to your hotel room and rest. I can't have you slacking on the job and there isn't much to do here."

You shake your head, and smile, "I'll leave when the games are finished for the day, just in case we get any new patients."

She narrowed her eyes, but didn't argue, for now at least. So, before she could argue, you quickly left the room and headed for the roof. Your eyes ached, but you knew from experience you could last a few more hours. You had to.

Besides, a message was posted under your door this morning, you immediately recognised Ultears' writing, as your name was sprawled across the front. Which meant you would have to stay up a few extra hours.

(Y/N)

Group Meeting

7pm

Usual Place

Ultear always got to the point. She couldn't risk anyone else reading the letter and had to be cryptic. The only way they'd know where to go, if they did read the letter, was to follow you, but little did they know the meeting place was an alleyway. When you get there Ultear would use her magic to create an illusion, so that if someone was following you it would distract them long enough that the both of you could leave without a care.

You reached the roof and glanced down towards the stadium. Cheers roared through the air endlessly, as wave after wave of magic power whizzed through the air. It almost took your breath away. You stayed close to the door though, trying not to draw any attention to yourself as the crowd watch the display below. The last thing you needed was the weird pumpkin man appearing and asking questions.