Chapter 22

One Week Later...

With him in prison and the main dark guild gone the world finally felt like it was at peace. Erik kept saying it had something to do with the disbandment of the infamous Fairy Tail Guild. But you could not help but notice the relaxed demeanour his face took on, even he could feel it. The peace.

Lahar sent word not long after the kidnapping and had somehow managed to convince the magic council to leave the small town your guild resided in alone. Making your home not only safe, but the area around it a haven to let the troubled guild members be themselves and enjoy their lives.

This meant that each member of the guild went out each day to do their own thing. They each stayed close to home, but they could wander and bask in the freedom the guild offered them. Which is why they were sending you away for the week with Jellal. They each had knowing smirks on their faces as they waved goodbye and Richards speeches on love had been oddly specific lately in mentioning accepting another's love. It was usually about the wonders of 'giving' love, but this last week he had cornered you every day to ask you how to accept love in your life and how to do it better.

Jellal was acting suspicious as well as he took you to the unknown getaway.

You watched Jellal from the corner of your eye suspiciously as Jellal pulled you forward, a tight grip on your hand. He shifted the large bag on his shoulder filled with provisions and a spare blanket for the week as you travelled to your destination...wherever that may be.

"Where are we going again exactly?"

Jellal glanced at you with a small smile, "it's somewhere, where we can both take a break and relax." This was the same, cryptic answer he had been giving you for a while. He was walking slower than usual, a relaxed pace. After a week of recovering in bed it was probably nice for him to be out. The woods you were walking through were peaceful. The birds chirped, the leaves rustled, the breeze tickled your face and the light filtered through the trees lighting your path.

You hummed in response, too caught up in the moment to really be paying attention to anything. Jellal was right though, it was time the two of you just recovered and let the past be just that, the past.

You walked a bit further before Jellal found an old path. Grass and weeds were growing through the gravel, showing it had been some time since someone had walked down the path. It weaved between the trees, twisting, and turning past every protruding root and bush. A creature ran across the path in hurried steps and birds flew over your heads without a care in the world.

It was through the trees that you saw it. A small, thatched roof cottage, with vines crawling up the walls, dotted with colourful flowers. Overgrown flowers filled the baskets under the windows and grass grew through the gaps in the cobblestone path leading up to the house. A tilted, rusty gate, attached to a broken, crumbling wall was the only barrier stopping anyone from entering.

You gasped at the sight of it. It was worn out but beautiful none the less.

You turned to Jellal, "how?" You asked, unable to form any more words. How had he managed to find somewhere like this?

Jellal shrugged, "Erik, believe it or not. He said he used to use it to get away. It might be a little damp and need some work, but I thought-"

You pulled Jellal into a crushing hug, smiling into his chest, cutting off his words as he arms wrapped around your form in return, "-it's perfect. I don't think this could get any better."

Jellal released you from his arms, and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, "we still have to explore the place before we settle. And, we'll need to gather a lot of wood..." Jellal carried on listing all the things you'd both need before relaxing for the rest of the week.