Chapter 8

One Year Later

It had been a year since the formation of Crime Sorcière. The guilds name had grown to become a well-recognised guild across Fiore. Although no one really knows who's in the guild, people know it's an independent guild that destroys Dark Guilds.

Being an independent guild, meant the guild was not 'offically' registered through the magic council. This was mostly because, it would mean Jellal, Ultear and Meredy would get caught by the Magic council, and that would mean three quarters of the guild was gone, the actual magic users. And that couldn't happen. Besides their personal missions were too important to just throw their lives away by spending the rest of it in prison.

It was Jellal's idea to become an independent guild. Having worked at the magic council before, Jellal knew how the 'system' worked. You had no idea what one was, but apparently it was a guild that wasn't registered. But unlike dark guilds which were also not registered, that were considered criminal organisations, Crime Sorcière was not considered a threat to Fiore or the world. Of course, Ultear used to work there too, but her whole job was doing Jellal's dirty work, so she didn't really know how the magic council worked in as much detail.

A year ago, a plan was formed as to how Crime Sorcière could be used to repent for their crimes. To destroy the rest of the guilds in the Balam Alliance, big or small, they all mattered. And they were all going to be destroyed by your trio of friends hands. Ultear and Meredy knew all about the Balam Alliance, they knew where to start looking. It was just a matter of planning and time. So far five guilds had been taken down this year. The first few were hard, aside from the day they saved both you and that girl from dark unicorn, the trio had never fought side by side. They had learnt each others fighting styles and magic through a lot of trail an errors and now they were pretty much in sync.

Right now you were walking through a woods, you had been for days. There had been no end in sight for days, your last 'job' meant a close encounter with the magic council. One that meant you had to walk for two days straight with no end in sight. Your feet ached, everyones did. It also meant you got incredibly lost.

"Ugh!" Meredy groaned, "does anyone have any idea where we are?"

Ultear places her hand on Meredys shoulder, "I know you want to get out of these woods and figure out where we are but we won't be lost here forever." Nodding her head with a sigh, Meredy continued forward without any more complaint. You all wanted to complain and shout, but doing that wouldn't improve anyones mood. Ultear tried to improve Meredys move by remising about funny things that happened in the past, while you walked ahead with Jellal.

You weren't listening to their conversations, but their joyful laughter was enough to improve your mood, "what are you smiling about?"

You glance up to look at Jellal you met your eyes. His eyes gleamed with a mischievous glint, "me?" You ask shocked, "why you should know by now after a year that I never smile!"

Jellal smiled, and turned his attention ahead. The sight really did give him hope. A small house built into a tree. He could barely see it, but it was there. A house meant people, and people usually meant a town or a village.

"We must be close now," Jellal says aloud, glancing back down at you. Watching as your eyes gleam with confusion and you unconsciously tilt your head to the side.

"Why would you say that?" You ask.

Nodding his head forward towards the house and turning your attention away from him, you final see the small house that Jellal spotted only moments ago, "YES!" You cheer and start running towards the house.

Chuckling under his breath, Jellal quickly runs after you gaining the attention of Ultear and Meredy, who start running after the two of you.

Wasting no time, you quickly knock on the door and cringe at how loud it sounded. It sounded urgent, as a healer, you used to hate it when you got those knocks on the little old lady's house. Just as Jellal caught up behind you the door swings open. Standing behind the door was a scowling woman. Pink hair tied into a tight bun with a few bits of hair, framing her face, and a small but long pole balancing from the bun, two crescent moon shapes on either side. Red eyes glared at you, the Jellal and finally, when they arrived, Ultear and Meredy. Her cloak of red, the large collar having what looked large teeth along the top, with a uniform underneath, gave her a strict appearance.