Chapter 20 - Part Two

Jellal muttered to himself as he cast another using this spell, to propel himself towards the cage, the dust stopped him from seeing where he was going until it was right on top of him but he knew the general direction.

"Heavenly Body Magic: Meteor!" A golden glow over took his body, as he ran with new found speeds towards the cage you were in. He knocked over every goon that stood in his way, ignoring their screams as they went flying back and hit the wall, rendering them unconscious. One less person to fight.

Behind him, the others were making short work of the guards that tried desperately to stop them. Fighting loyally for a man that had vanished the moment the fight had started. A coward in every sense. But right now, with the fight behind him almost over, he needed to get you out.

Racer had vanished when the fight started, zooming through every hall and releasing anyone else that were trapped. When Racer had got everyone out, and Erik confirmed it, Richard would bring the whole place down on itself.

Jellal shook the plan from of his head as he skidded to a halt right before the door, and quickly ran up the steps. His ears ringing from the many explosions he had just ran through. He yanked the locks open and sighed in relief when he saw you, but all he saw was the worry etched onto your face.

"BEHIND YOU!" You screamed, as you pointed the dark area behind him.

He barely turned in time to see the glint of a knife from the corner of his eye that scraped past his head. Jellal turned on his heels to face his assailant. The man stood back on his heels, observing the situation as if he hadn't just thrown a knife at Jellal.

He tilted his head to the side and smiled widely, "ah, you must be lover boy?" Jellal said nothing, watching the man with a glare, "now," he drawled, "what. Was. Your. Name?" His voice took on a playful tone as he sung each word with childlike curiosity, his arms swinging by his side carelessly, "oh yes, I remember now," his smile widened, "Jellal."

Jellal felt a growl build in the back of his throat but kept quiet, silently assessing the man. He wasnt someone to be trifled with. He ran this operation, he was obviously a cruel man.

The man tutted, "she called out your name in her 'sleep' when we dragged her here," he paused in thought, "whimpered it really. It gave us a laugh."

The growl slipped out before Jellal could stop it, "I'm going to make sure the cell they lock you up in rusts shut."

The man laughed as he ran his fingers through his greasy hair, "oh really, and you're going to be the one to put me there?"

"It would be my pleasure too," Jellal smirked, before his body started to take on a magical glow, "and I'm going to make you pay for what you did to (Y/N)!"

The man jumped up and down on his toes, squealing like an excited school girl, "I've always wanted a challenge!"

On cue, the two start throwing magical blast at each, the blasts never reaching their targets as each avoided the balls with lightning fast reflexes. Their graceful movements unwavering with shear determination driving Jellal to shoot harder and faster than ever before.

The many giggle as he slid to one side, stopping the fight as they each caught their breaths. The man gave Jellal a fake a pout, the grin he always wore making his lips twitch up every so often, “oh man. I thought you'd be a challenge. The infamous Jellal, previous Wizard Saint! All fancy titles with nothing to live up to them. You're no more powerful than a newbie," he sighed, “at least I can now I know I can beat you and your little friend up and still have (Y/N) all to myself." His grin finally showed his darker side, as the meaning behind his words became evident as his eyes flicked over to you and he licked his lips, "the years have certainly been kind to you little one."