Making things clear

You signaled her to go on, curious as to what this army was. She nodded in reply, as she seemed to try and figure out a way to describe the army. After taking a sip of her orange juice, she appeared to have found the proper words.

"The Equ Army guards the dungeons obviously, and due to that they pass the secret passage several times in their rounds, making it hard to leave the passage without getting noticed. As for what they are, they're a group of miniature horses, however each horse is equipped with razor sharp teeth. Likewise, they all hold swords in their mouths and are quite skilled with them. Furthermore, each horse is encased in protective armor. Now normally it wouldn't be too hard to defeat them, but they move extremely fast and are very tiny, making it hard to land even one blow on them."

"Then it would be best if we avoided them, but Fade won't they know you? Why would they attack someone, who was friends with the late queen and once lived in the castle?" you questioned, hoping that you might not have to deal with the miniature horses.

"They only obeyed my mentor and Umelius. Thus when my mentor showed me them, they didn't attack because she ordered them not to. Now though Umelius is the only one in control of them, so they will attack anyone who isn't part of the castle staff. Luckily for us, the only other obstacles down there are the regular guards, who are stationed in various points. Each guard remains at their post until their shift is over and the Equ Army knows the guards' shifts as well. Thus disguising ourselves will do no good. Stealth and perfect timing will be key when navigating the dungeons."

"Fade, if you know the castle well, do you perhaps remember the locations of each guard in the dungeons?" Diamond asked, handing his cinnamon roll over to Heart, who eagerly bit into it.

"Sadly, I don't. Umelius constantly changed the locations of the guards, so no enemy could ever learn of the layout. Thus I have no idea where they are located. We'll just have to navigate based on what we find, but under no circumstances can we attack any of the guards, not unless we absolutely have to."

"What?! How are we supposed to get through then? One of the guards is bound to see us," Heart exclaimed, having finished his brother's cinnamon roll.

Heart did have a point. It would be hard enough trying to avoid the Equ Army, but avoiding all of the guards as well sounded too difficult. It probably wasn't impossible, but it would most likely be near impossible, though an idea came to mind. In fact maybe you could just go straight to Umelius; you were an ace after all.

Fade was about to respond, but you ended up cutting her off, questioning, "Sorry to interrupt you Fade, but Clarencia can't I just transport us there? Won't my powers allow that?"

Both the brothers and Fade looked at you confused before glancing over at Clarencia to see if she could provide any insight. You forgot that you never mentioned your background to the three. Well they were in for quite the shock.

"Sadly, you can only transport between worlds ______. You cannot transport yourself within any of the worlds," the queen responded, noting the puzzled looks on Fade's face as well as the brothers' faces.

"Since when did you have this capability, Miss _____?"

"Well forever actually, I might have forgotten to mention the fact that I'm the last surviving ace in this world," you muttered, scratching the back of your head awkwardly.

Upon saying this out loud, realization hit you. You could leave this world at anytime you wanted; you didn't have to deal with this battle with Umelius, but could you really leave this world in its current position? Currently, you held the title of Queen of Clovers and after having lived in the world for over a year now, you considered it your home. Frankly, you had no desire to go back to Earth; nothing awaited you there. That life was long past. Besides, you didn't know what other worlds were out there. Without having a destination in mind, you could very well end up floating in the middle of space, which would mean your death. Thus at the moment, your power would do you very little good.

Looking between the brothers and Fade, you saw the shocked expressions. Fade seemed more amazed by it than anything, but the brothers appeared horrified. They must have realized that you could leave them very easily if you wanted to, not that you could at the moment though, but once you had knowledge of other worlds then it would be a possibility. This meant that you could now threaten them should they try anything like last night, though you weren't entirely expecting the next outburst.

Abruptly standing up and slamming his hands on the table, Heart demanded, "Why didn't you inform us of this earlier? When did you discover this information? Are you intending on leaving us behind, my dear lady?"

At this moment, you couldn't deny that you were terrified of the blue-headed male. He had gone from a mere shocked expression to one of pure rage. Fire seemed to burn in his eyes and he looked like he was about to kill you. Glancing over at Diamond, you saw a frown paint his face while his eyes held an exceptionally threatening gaze.

Gulping, you tried to maintain composure before explaining, "I only learned of this several days ago and well yesterday it slipped my mind to tell the both of you, since there were other things going on. Honestly though, I don't intend to leave the two of you. Didn't yesterday prove anything to both of you?"

Of course, you didn't mention that you could threaten them now with such an ability, but seeing the looks on their faces maybe you shouldn't take that route. They really did look like they were about to go on a rampage. Back when you were fighting Chroma, they said they would never kill you, but right now that promise seemed to be fading. Luckily, the last part of your statement appeared to work somewhat, as Heart sat back down in his chair and Diamond's gaze softened a little.

Pulling your attention away from the brothers, Fade stated, "Your queen's weapon makes more sense now. I did find it odd that someone from another world could become a queen, but in reality you really are from here, or at least your parents were."

"Yeah, it was strange finding out that I really was from this world, but going away from my origin, why can't we attack the guards?"

"If any of the other guards or the Equ Army sees a knocked out guard or one missing, they will know that something is wrong and that someone has entered the dungeon. All guards and the army will then move to the two entrances while a few guards are sent to get Umelius. We just want Umelius, none of the other castle members. Thus the fewer encounters the better."

"That makes sense, but where do we go after the dungeons?" you asked, ignoring the gazes Diamond and Heart were sending you.

"Clarencia, can you look into the future and tell us what you see? Surely, we can know Umelius's exact location then," Fade suggested, looking over at the pink-haired queen.

"Well as I have explained to ____, I know of only one possible future and its best if you discover it yourself. Relating what I have seen sometimes only confuses others and ends up doing more harm than good. In this instance though, some of the details are easy to explain. In this possible future I have seen that you will encounter Umelius, but not how. You all could very well meet him in the dungeon. Moreover, I don't know the outcome of your encounter with Umelius. I can only see the image of a bear, which doesn't make any sense."

"Well at least we know we'll most likely find him, but like you pointed out the bear doesn't make any sense. So pushing that detail aside, if we don't know the exact location of him, I suggest we wait for him in the room where he proposed to his wife. Knowing him, he most likely visits that room every day, especially since his harp is located there," Fade said before finishing her orange juice.

"Sounds like a plan, though I'm presuming there are guards on the upper floors of the castle," you uttered, reaching for your bowl of fruit.

"Yes, we will still have to be careful. Moreover, there will probably be some of the elites roaming about in the castle. I'd rather not deal with them, especially the head elite, Afendel. If we come across her, she will be a formidable foe."

"Great, though I wonder why Umelius didn't send his top soldier after me," you mumbled, placing a piece of honey dew in your mouth.

"All of his elites are extremely capable _____, you just got lucky in your case," Clarencia stated, as Geela climbed onto her mother's lap.

Indeed, you were fortunate. Had Rollta not let you escape, you don't know where you would be right now; probably in the hold of Umelius.

"Well it seems that you have developed a plan. Thus when you have finished your breakfast, I'll show you what you'll be taking to reach Valinquinia," the pink-haired queen mentioned, as everyone continued eating their food.