Chapter 21: Put on your war paint

(A/N: Really awesome Avengers AMV you should check out. Its not mine but still enjoy it. It goes with chapter tittle.)

Percy P.O.V

The night before we went to camp, I had a dream that Tarturus and his monster armies were coming in two days. That's why we went to Camp, to prepare everyone. I told Reyna, Thalia, and Nico this while we were walking into the dinning hall. The army looked huge so I also told them to brace themselves for the worst. The Avengers decided that we should stay at camp overnight so all of us roomed in my cabin.

Dream

Tarturus laughed, I noticed in my dream that I was tied to a pole. I also saw the bodies of the Avengers and my friends littered across the ground.

"Some hero you are! I wonder why everyone turned to you as leader, because you sure failed as one." He laughed as he brought out a whip and lashed me 20 times across my back. I knew this wasn't real. He was just trying to break me.

"This isn't real! We are going to destroy you so that you will never rise for the next thousand years! I won't fail anyone!" I yelled.

"Ha. We'll see how this war turns out, Half-Blood. Because I am positive that I will come out on top." He sneered. He also pulled out a Burning poker and jabbed it in my back. It read "Failure."

End Dream

I woke up with a start. I was breathing heavily and felt intense burning on my back. 2:00 A.M My clock read. That's way too early. I need more sleep to save up my energy to fight mean ol' Tartar sauce. I fell back asleep with no dreams. Thank the gods. It was 4:00 that I decided to go outside and train with my trident a little. I have learned how to wield both a trident and a sword at the same time, it's pretty cool. Soon campers, Romans, and hunters filed out of their cabins for breakfast. No one talked during the meal, however. I guess everyone is on edge since the battle is today.

After the meal, everyone was out near Thalia's Pine tree.

"Okay everyone, hop into the vans and I will explain my stragedy when we get there. Will, to you have all your doctor's supplies?" I asked

"Yeah! We have as much ambrosia and Nectar as we can carry!" He yelled. He had 4 doctor bags in his hands, two for each hand, Calypso came up next to him doing the same.

"Great. We meet at Avenger's tower!" I exclaim and Nico, Thalia, and I hop into the Delphi strawberry service van, along with a bunch of other kids.

"Tony! We'll meet you there!" I yell out to my Uncle.

"Alright, we'll be there!" he yelled back as he and the rest of the avengers hopped in his car and drove off.

Time Skip brought to you by Kronos in the underworld!

When all the vans arrived at the tower, no one was around. Fury ordered a nuculer threat warning across New York city to keep people off the streets. But the bad part about that is that the cops are still around.

"What are you kids doing here? You're suppose to be evacuated!" An officer came up to our 500+ group of war-ready demigods.

"Nah, we're good. But thanks though." I replied, smiling.

"Anyway guys, here's the plan. I wan't Archers and onagers on points A, B , C, and D on the map I handed out to the Athena/ Minerva kids the previous day. They are buildings on all four directions of Manhattan. . I also assigned archers to some of the ranks on the field. If you are hunter or a Archer see Malcolm to figure out where you are going. Now it's time for the main battle field. Greeks can go wherever the hades they want, or are needed, but I know Romans like a little bit of order in their battles, so here is where I want you guys." I sighed, strategy took such a long time. "Cohorts 1 and 2 are going to be on the East side of Manhattan, Cohorts 3 and 4 are on the west side, and Cohort 5 and the avengers are going to be on the north side. But if the battle gets crazy, I advise splitting formation. And also, I want everyone to be on high alert and look out for your fellow soldiers, I want the least amount of casualties as possible. Do you understand?" Geez I sounded like some kind of army guy.

"Yes sir!" All the demigods shouted and saluted. Peter and Tony gave me a mock- salute.

"Great. Remember that the med. bay is at stark towers, right next to the empire state building. And Archers, if you spot any monsters, shoot a flaming arrow in the sky. Okay everyone, we are going to win this for Olympus! Let's kick some Tartur-Ass!" I exclaimed, and the demigods banged on shields and ran off to where they were assigned. This is gonna be one heck of a war, but I know we are gonna win.