Chapter 22: We can do this

Tony P.O.V

25 minutes after Percy ordered everyone to their positions, nothing happened.

"Hey Perce, are you sure this monster army is coming today?" I asked him. He was looking intently at the horizon, waiting for a flaming arrow.

"I'm absolutely positive. There isn't always action in warfare, Tony, sometimes you have to wait for the enemy to show up." Percy replied, still looking at the horizon. I still find it strange that a kid would know so much about war, even though he said he's already been through two.

Kayla P.O.V (You weren't expecting that, were you?)

Me, a few archers from camp, and two hunters were positioned on point A, which was positioned on the North side of Manhattan. On the building across from us, four Romans were preparing an Onager for launch.

"So... you guys, uh, ready?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence between us.

"We are ready for anything." One of the hunters replied, the other nodded.

"We're ready," One of the other archers said, the other one nodded nervously. I admit, the second one was kind of young. So I'm not sure if he was scared about fighting or scared of the intimidation of the hunters.

I re-fixed my eyes on the horizon and saw a huge black mass moving towards us. I saw monsters of all shapes and sizes. Hellhounds, Empousi, Dracane, the hydra, The Minotaur, even the Neamen Lion. I looked at my group and grabbed an arrow covered with oil, struck a match, lit the arrow, and shot it in the air and prayed to the gods that Percy saw it.

Turns out I wasn't the only one firing an arrow, the south, east, and west sides were firing arrows. Styx! We're surrounded!

Percy P.O.V

After about 3o minutes of waiting, which on its own is hard to do for an ADHD demigod, The North side fired an arrow, then the south side fired one... and the east side fired... and the west side fired. Shist.

"Okay guys, we are surrounded so get ready." I told the people in front of me. "This is gonna be one hell of a fight."

I heard the fire of the onagers, on all four sides mind you, so my ears were ringing, but my adrenaline was pumping.
Soon I saw the monsters pouring in, and everyone got into fighting stance.

"Legions! Lock arms!" I heard Dakota shout, and the sound of shields simultaneously locking rang in the air.

The monsters hit us like a tsunami. It was silent for a second, but then it was complete utter insanity. They were coming left and right, giving us no break. I looked side to side, Thalia and some of the hunters that showed up surprisingly teamed up with Clint, shooting arrows left and right. Nico was slashing down monsters with Steve, Thor was striking down monsters with his hammer and lightning, Loki was using magic to kill them, Nat and Peter were working together, and Tony was taking it from above, shooting rockets everywhere. The legion broke up and started doing their own thing. The fight was going pretty well for me until the Neamen Lion pounced onto me, sharp claws digging into my Armour. But before it could eat my face, I summoned some water to push it upward and when it did, I stabbed it in the stomach. While looking around to see if everyone was still doing alright, I saw 2 legionaries carrying another on their backs while the rest of the cohort was protecting them while they made their way to Stark Towers. I smiled, they were helping an injured comrade. I actually thought the fight was going pretty well, but of course as I say that, a laugh rang through the air. A laugh I know way too well.

(A/N: Hey guys! How'd you enjoy the chapter? Anyway, the end of the book is coming, and I thought of another book I might start writing if you guys would like it. The fanfiction would be A Percy Jackson meets Suicide Squad. Tell me what you think in the comments! Bye!-SurveyCorpsSoldier)