CHAPTER 3. THE FIGHT

"Are you serious?" Gilbert leaned in.

"Has this face ever lied to you?" I gestured.

"Wow" He slumped back into his seat "That's... wow"

"I know"

"You're really not going to kill her?"

I shook my head "I said that, didn't I?" I put down the sippy cup on the bed "I won't lay a hurtful hand on her" I made a cross on my chest as I held up one hand "Hitman's honor"

"All right then. Here I thought I had more begging to do"

He stirred his coffee, "So what made you not want to kill her?"

I shrugged "Does it matter?"

"Oh, it matters"

"I just think she's not enough of a challenge. I'd rather sit back and see how long it takes before she gets killed"

"I won't let that happen"

"Of course, you won't. Now" I went to the window, opening the blinds by just a little to take a peek outside "did you get it?"

Gilbert sighed and pulled his laptop from under his pillow, "Black Venus. Arrived a day before you"

I groaned "Great..."

"You wanted a challenge, right?" He chuckled "Ivan's sister is almost as crazy as you"

"At least I'm not trying to get in my own brother's pants. The bitch is batshit crazy" When I first met her, I was 14 and Gilbert took me to Siberia for survival training. She was fifteen and tried to lock lips with an annoyed Ivan as they practiced shooting.

"Oh, c'mon, that's a rumor. She's just batshit crazy"

"Yeah, a real Russian Gogo Yubari"

He almost dropped his computer laughing "Never gets old"

"At any rate" I let go of the blinds "I gotta go"

As I made my way out, I passed by Matthew.

"Alfred" He nodded.

"Tattle tale"

"Where are you going?" Gilbert shouted after me.

"You know where" I whispered.

I went to Pangaea, a four-star hotel that looked like something straight out of The Great Gatsby. It's also where my people go to meet, you could do pretty much anything there. But there are two rules: 1) no sales of illegal products and/or livestock without permission from the Empress (the owner and the most powerful woman of the underground) and 2) no assassinations or hits within the hotel's confinements.

I went straight to the manager, "Oliver"

He looked up, his bright baby blue eyes, strawberry hair, and yellow and pink suit looked as out of place as ever "Mr. Jones. It's been a while"

"Yes it has" I slid three gold coins towards him "Is she here?"

Smiling politely, he took the coins and spoke calmly "There's an abandoned factory a few blocks from here. She gave orders to tell you she'll be waiting"

"Of course she is" I sighed and began to leave.

"Mr. Jones"

I turned.

He was still smiling.

"Have a pleasant evening"

I raised an eyebrow but smiled. Sadistic as ever.