CHAPTER 9. THE TRUTH

Author's note: It's my anniversary as a Quotev writer, so I decided to update a couple of stories.

It is 14:01 and you find yourself waking up to a pair of familiar magenta eyes. A certain Italian stands over your bed, and you greet him cheerfully.

"Hello"

He grins at your vulnerability. If you had the slightest sense right now, you would have definitely been slapping that smug smile of satisfaction off his face, "Hello, bella. Feeling better?"

"Much, much better. You know, I... I threatened to cut open my boss today" You yawn "I grew hysterical. The others held me down... gave me a shot, and now... Now I'm here" You're still wearing your goofy smile "What are you doing here, Luciano?"

"I wanted to make sure my lover was all right"

"Lover?" You look just about as sober as a Brit in a pub "You just happen to be... one of the few men whom I've found myself involved with"

"Oh? I don't see any blonde hit man here"

"You will if you turned around"

You push yourself a little higher up the headboard "Alfie!" You sing out.

"Vargas" He nods.

"Jones" Luciano watches him as he walks over to your form.

The two keep switching from googly-eyed to glaring. The tension is so thick you can just cut it with a knife. However, you are happy, completely dense, and unaware.

A third person enters the room, tapping his clipboard "All right, I think... Alfred!" Allen blinks when sees the young man but then notices Luciano and falters in shock for the second time "Mr. Vargas!"

"Aw, now all my boys are here" You giggle. You then point at Allen "He... is an excellent kisser, tongue and everything"

"Oh, God" Allen rubs his temples.

"Y-you two had sex?" Alfred asks.

Luciano smiles smugly "You didn't know?"

"Uh, no. Believe me it was one... one painful, painful accident. W-we just kissed" Allen cuts in. The men turn to him, both make it perfectly clear that they weren't exactly pleased that he and you touched.

"Hey, good news. You're not pregnaaaAAaah—hello" Arin stops short.

"Pregnant?"

"Her?"

"She just said I'm not"

"If you ever were I would raise our child--"Your child? I don't think so" Alfred cuts in.

"Uh, oh" You burp.

"Oh, no" Allen shakes his head.

"What're you talking about?" Alfred demands "Your child? It's mine"

"I'm sorry but unless you know anything about reproduction among humans you would know that you have to have sex before you can make a girl pregnant"

"Guys, tell them" You say.

"Tell us what?" Luciano and Alfred turn to the twins who begin to stutter incoherence.

"I... um," Arin sucks in her cheeks "She kinda... she..."

"She slept with both of you last week!" Allen blurts out in panic.

The two men look at each other before down at you. You grin innocently "It's a good thing I'm stoned, huh?"

Dr. Sorongon comes in "You all need to leave, we need to prep her for surgery"

"Oh, thank God"

"Not you two. These men. Out. Now, please"

The men exchanged glares before trailing out the door. Once they are gone, the three other doctors turn to you, but you just snort, amused.

Sorongon shakes his head and orders the twins to start moving.

After the prepping, comes the actual removal of the vestigial organ.

"Appendicitis. Of course, I should've known."

You blab as Allen pushes the gurney down the hallway, "Vomiting, abdominal pains... plus, I'm a doctor. Why did I panic like that? I never panic like that, well, that's not exactly true... Hey, look, it's Francis" You flick your wrist, your hand hitting Allen's softly as you spot the Frenchman walk into view, "Francis! Hey, Francis, over here!"

"Oh, no—no, no! Shh!" Allen stops moving the gurney and tries to shush you, but it's too late.

Francis is smiling as he approaches you, "There she is! How's my favorite virginity princess?"

"Haven't you heard? Now I'm an adulterous whore!"

Francis chuckles and then turns to Allen, "She'll kill you for letting her do that."

"Oh, I know."

___

03:15 and the moment your eyes open, someone's hand is over your mouth.

Alfred.

"I came here for one thing" He sounds angry, which is so foreign. You never once saw or heard or witnessed him get angry.

Though groggy, you find yourself more sober than pre-surgery. You nod and he slowly retrieves his arm. He's wearing a janitor's uniform for his disguise and yet, 'He still looks cute'.

"What..." you clear your throat as your voice is hoarse, "What is it?"

He paces around the room before looking up to face you. He swallows, and it's taking a lot of energy and effort because his voice is so quiet when he asks, "Is it true?"

"What is?" but you already know what he's talking about.

Alfred says nothing, but his glare resonates inside you like thunder.

You finally speak up, "Yes, it's true"

"With Luciano?"

"...Yes"

"What, you... got rejected and then decided to go cougar?"

"That is not what happened" You cut in, but you sound defensive.

"Oh? Then what happened? Didn't like playing mistress so you went to me to make him jealous?"

"Alfred, that's not fair, at least hear me out"

He holds up a hand, "You know what... I am done."

His footsteps are a cat's: light and soft and inaudible, as he departs through the door, leaving before you could protest.

You hear him whisper, "Goodbye"

And then he's gone.

Author's note: And you silly geese thought I was seriously going to make her/us pregnant! XD I took much pleasure in this particular chapter. And the previous one, too