Chapter Four: Scotty is skeptical

Ahhhhh I don't want to go to school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stiles had to admit he really didn't like waiting. He also could admit he was impatient, he wasn't doubtful of that because he knew himself well enough. Sitting there on the bleachers had really made him realize that maybe he should work on his patience and also not take as much adderal the day before school even if it was extremely helpful.

Derek was running suicides around the field with the rest of his teammates and Stiles had his heart out to them, he hated doing suicides especially when he was already tired from school. Derek had sweat dripping off of his forehead sliding down to his chin. Stiles watched him carefully infatuated with the wolf. He never really thought about dating guys, but seeing Derek there he knew he has to at least try with the other male.

Back in the supermarket the question of dating Derek was completely spontaneous and Stiles still couldn't believe Derek had said yes. He sat back and went back to thanksgiving day. His thoughts had been jumbled that day especially with Scott asking him questions nonstop that night.

~*~

"Your heart..skipped a beat." Scott caught Stiles who froze in his spot.

Stiles slipped off his shoes avoiding Scott's gaze. What was he gonna say? 'Hey Scott I got a date with Derek' as if. Scott didn't really like Derek that much and if Stiles were to tell him about the date he'd totally flip out. Scott was still looking at him when he raised his gaze and Stiles sighed.

"I don't know, Scott." Stiles hummed taking a seat on Scott's carpet.

"How do you not know?" Scott scoffed not believing his best friend.

Stiles shrugged picking at one if his finger nails. Scott never really understood some aspects of Stiles and he knew it was because Scott wasn't gay or even remotely attracted to guys, but Stiles knew that it was neither of their faults. Stiles smiled at Scott's frustrated eyebrow scrunch.

"I don't know, it's just I was thinking.." Stiles trailed off and Scott gave him an urging smile,"I was just thinking about the future."

"The future?" Scott said skeptically.

"Well yeah, the project made me think about our grades leading me to think about our futures." Stiles lied and Scott wasn't sure if he believed him or not.

Scott scoffed but shrugged dismissing the conversation overall. Stiles sighed in relief and made his way towards Scott's bed ready to fall asleep and start a new day. Scott knew Stiles was hiding something but he knew his best friend wasn't going to say anything about it any time soon.

Stiles shoved one of Scott's pillows under his head and shut his eyes,"don't get too comfortable, bud, we're hanging out with the girls later."

"Seriously?" Stiles groaned,but sat back up.

"Yup maybe now you can start dating Lydia." Scott teased and Stiles kept a straight face.

"Funny." Stiles snipped and Scott grinned at him.

"I know."
~*~

A whistle blew snapping Stiles out of his train of thoughts. The players were now heading toward the locker room all looking exhausted. Stiles could see Derek who smiled up at him mud smudged on his cheek. Stiles smiled back and gave him a small wave. Stiles had to admit Derek looked pretty adorable. Derek sprinted towards the locker room his buddies calling his name.

Stiles stood up and slung his backpack over his shoulder and stuffed his phone in his pocket. The football coach was watching Stiles climb down the bleachers his eyebrow raised. Stiles felt his neck warm, but he purposely ignored the coach's gaze. He finally made it to the bottom when the coach cleared his throat causing Stiles to stop in his spot.

"Yes?" Stiles sounded unsure and the coach picked that up automatically.

"Is there a reason you were watching my boys this session?" The coach questioned and Stiles turned to face him aggravation evident on his face. 

"I'm studying with one of your players for a project," Stiles lied.

"A project?" The coach repeated with a doubtful tone.

"Yes, a project, you know one of those assignments that actually matter." Stiles snipped and the coach snorted.

"Yeah, well next time just watch where your eyes wonder." The coach tried to sound casual, but Stiles could hear the undertone threat.

Stiles was about to snap at him when Derek approached them, "Ready?"

"Yeah." Stiles pulled his gaze away from the coach, "yeah i'm ready."

"Bye, Coach!" Derek smiled and they both started to walk off.

"Bye, boys." Stiles felt as if a lump was in his throat his anger rising.

They walked side by side towards Stiles's jeep that was in it's usual parking spot in the parking lot. Derek shifted his sports bag on his shoulder and Stiles unlocked the passenger side of the car. Derek gave him a small smile before putting his bags in the back by Stiles's book bag and climbing in.

Stiles took his seat along with Derek both of them shutting their doors in sync. Stiles started the jeep and pulled out of his spot. Derek felt his phone buzz in his pocket and he looked down to see a message from Laura.

Laura: Don't be late for dinner today.

Derek sighed and started typing hack his response. A soft frown evident on his face.

Derek: I won't be, don't worry.

Stiles let out a frustrated sigh before glancing at Derek, "I'm sorry, but is your coach always a douche?"

"What do you mean?" Derek raised an eyebrow.

"Back there he was telling me to 'watch where my eyes wonder' while waiting for you at practice." Stiles huffed and Derek gave him an apologetic smile.

"Coach can be a bit...rude he just has to get to know you is all." Derek reasoned and stiles nodded still a bit pissed.

"Yeah, I guess." Stiles bit his cheek, "anyway what's the plan?"

"Oh..I'm actually not sure." Derek gave Stiles a sheepish smile and just like that Stiles had a perfect idea.

"Okay we'll head to a store and grab some snacks, then we'll park out in a spot I know in the woods,and watch the sunset." Stiles started planning out loud, "how's that sound?"

"Perfect." Derek smiled.

Stiles grinned and started towards the store. Derek thought about texting Laura how he was actually going to he very late but thought better of it. For now he just wanted to enjoy his time spent with Stiles. He shut off his phone and slipped it in his pocket. What could possibly go wrong.