Chapter Nine: Let's Party

I always feel paranoid when i don't wear a bra to school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talia watched as her son came down stairs with a ghost of a smile on his face. He had been happier than usual, not that she minded, but something had definitely changed in his life she just didn't know what. He made his way into the kitchen and took a seat on one of the counters. She pressed the waffle and raised her eyebrow at him.

"You're happy this morning." She hummed.

"I can't be happy?" He raised an eyebrow at his mother who only shrugged at him.

"It's different." She laid the waffle on a plate, "it's nice."

Derek hummed and smiled at her. He watched as she readied the table while humming a song he didn't recognize. She handed him the waffle and he drowned it in syrup. His father walked into the kitchen grunting a good morning at the two before taking a seat at the table. Derek cleared his throat his smile half disappearing.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could go to a party later tonight?" Derek gave his mom puppy dog eyes while taking a bite of his waffle.

Talia looked over at David who had his eyebrow raised. Derek absolutely hated when they spoke through their eyes cause he could never tell what the outcome would be. Talia sighed and David rolled his eyes before they both looked over at an anxious looking Derek.

"Your curfew is eleven." Talia nodded and David turned his attention to the newspaper on the table.

"Thank-"

"But you are not to drink or do drugs." Talia stopped Derek mid sentence, "Your grandparents are sleeping over tonight so I don't want you staggering into the house."

"Thank you." Derek hopped down from the counter and hugged his mom.

"Yeah,yeah." She patted his shoulder smiling, "finish your waffle, honey."

~*~

Stiles hummed while Scott sprayed himself with some cologne. The open window let in the night's breeze and Stiles was half convinced just to stay home. Scott unbuttoned three buttons on his shirt his chest bare showing. Stiles looked over at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What exactly are you trying to do with your shirt like that?" Stiles chuckled.

"Uh, impress Allison with my beautiful chest." Scott joked.

"More like impress Isaac." Stiles muttered.

"What?" Scott looked over at him.

"Nothing!" Stiles bit back a smile.

Stiles pulled on his shirt and ruffled his hair ignoring Scott's questioning glare. His dad was out for the night so he wouldn't notice Stiles's absence. Scott finally shrugged and looked away from Stiles focusing on himself once again. Stiles snorted and slipped on his shoes making sure they weren't too tight.

"Do you even know Angie?" Scott shrugged on a thin coat.

"Who do you think invited me to the party?" Stiles looked back at his best friend and gave him a smile.

"Okay well the party started an hour ago so we should leave." Scott tossed Stiles his car keys and he caught them easily.

"Alrighty." Stiles shut off room light and they walked out the house.

~*~

Music pounded from multiple spots in the house and Stiles wanted nothing more than to take a seat and drink away his worries. The beer in his hand was dripping with water from the ice it was resting in not too long ago. He had lost Scott in the crowd and he couldn't really say he was surprised his best friend was ditching him for Allison. Stiles weaved his way through the growing crowd and found himself in the kitchen where half the football team stood.

Stiles instantly spotted Derek laughing at a joke. Derek looked over and his smile grew wider once he realized Stiles was there. He excused himself from the group and made his way towards Stiles who leaned against a counter. Derek's beer was half empty and Stiles could tell Derek wasn't drunk but just a little tipsy.

"Boy Scouts drink?" Stiles teased and a blush spread on Derek's neck.

"Only on the weekends." Derek wiggled his bottle and Stiles smirked.

"I didn't know you were coming." Stiles had to lean in so Derek could hear him, "we could've carpooled."

"A shame." Derek mimicked disappointment.

Stiles laughed and took a swig of his drink, "hey do you want to go somewhere quieter?"

"Yeah." Derek nodded.

They weaved through the crowd making sure that they didn't lose each other. They crammed themselves into a hallway filled with closed doors. Derek opened one and instantly shut it once he saw that Paige and her crush were 'busy'. He looked back at Stiles who only laughed and opened the next door that was luckily an empty guest room. They both stepped in and locked the door behind themselves.

Stiles placed his beer down on a nightstand and took a seat on the bed patting the spot next to him. Derek took his seat without hesitation and he placed his beer beside Stiles's. The lights in the room were dim casting soft shadows on both of the boys's bodies.

Stiles wrapped his arm around Derek's waist and brought him closer. Derek felt his heart skip a beat never losing eye contact with Stiles. The other teen gently brought his lips to Derek's and Derek practically melted in Stiles's arms. He wrapped his arms around Stiles's neck and they both fell back Stiles now hovering over Derek.

Derek gasped as Stiles peppered soft kisses on his neck. Derek tried to hold in the soft moan that escaped his lips, but failed. Stiles grinned bringing the kiss back up to Derek's lips. Derek gripped onto the sheets and Stiles started to unbuckle Derek's pants when Derek pulled away.

"Are you okay?" Stiles was breathless and Derek's cheeks burned with a blush.

"I'm not-we just started-" Derek fumbled.

"It's okay." Stiles smiled at him and Derek sighed with relief.

"I just don't want to get my first time wrong." Derek let go of the sheets and Stiles nodded.

"Me neither." Stiles kissed his lips again, "we can wait."

"Thank you." Derek breathed out as Stiles kissed his neck.

"For what?" Stiles looked back up at Derek with his eyebrow raised.

"For understanding."