Chapter Six: Explanation Please

Dudeeee, I need to find myself a job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek trudged through the forest wishing that his and Stiles's date was a bit longer. He didn't want to go back to his house just yet, but now he had no choice but to do just that. He stepped over a large root on the ground and made his way off the path careful not to get lost. The darkness had made his journey a bit difficult for him to get around. Derek took his time making notes about small details, purposely stopping to make said notes. 

By the time he had gotten home the moon was high in the sky and a majority of the lights from his house were lit. He grabbed his keys out of his pocket and unlocked his front door to a noisy house. He had forgotten that Cara was having friends over. He bit back a groan and shut the door behind himself careful not make enough noise for any one to know he was just getting back.

He slipped off his shoes and trudged up the stairs his steps soft. Derek avoided Laura's end of the hall and slipped into his room undetected. His room was dark and probably the only quiet area of the house at the moment, he was surprised Dmitri wasn't in there reading. He made sure his door was shut and he tossed his bag aside not planning on doing his homework any time soon.

His mom was rushing around the kitchen below him, his dad wasn't home yet, and Laura and Cora were in Laura's room talking about something Derek couldn't quite make out. He flicked on his lights and took a seat at his computer desk opening up his laptop. The engine started up and he logged in deciding he'd browse on facebook for a while.

Derek found no interest in any of the things his facebook friends were posting, but he liked almost every picture he came across. He sighed and slouched in his seat determining whether or not he should change into comfier clothes. Just as he was about to get up and changed his laptop binged and he froze in his spot. He looked at the bottom of the screen to see a message from Paige.

He smiled and clicked on the message. 

Paige: Dude how was lunch???

Derek: It was fine, thanks for ditching me btw.

Paige:Hey! I was giving you the alone time you needed with him.

Derek scoffed at that and rolled his eyes. He hated that Paige in a way was right. She always was.

Derek: Whatever.

Paige: See, you know i'm right! Anywho any updates on you two?

Derek: ..We went on a date today..

Paige:Tell me all about it!!!

Paige:Like Now 

Paige: DEREK!

"A date?" Derek heard Laura's voice from right beside his ear and he let out a yelp before shutting his laptop quickly.

Derek turned to face his smug older sister his cheeks flushed with color. He scrambled to think of something to say.  Would she tell the others? Why wasn't she freaking out, after all she did just figured out his sexuality.

"Who's the lucky girl?" Derek felt relief wash over him and he felt his heart rate decrease.

She didn't read everything he had said much to his luck. Laura raised an eyebrow at him and he shot up from his seat and started shoving her out of his room. She dug her heels into his carpet trying her best to stay in.

"Aw, nothing to be embarrassed about, Der." She chimed.

"Get out!" Derek growled shoving her out the door.

"Wait till i tell mom." She laughed before walking away.

"Keep your mouth shut!" Derek shouted after her only to hear her laugh.

Derek sighed and shut his door once again this time locking it so no one could get in without him knowing. He slipped off his jeans and found a pair of joggers on top of his clean clothes basket. He quickly put them on and went back to Paige who he was sure was waiting eagerly for his response. He opened his laptop and bit his lip not knowing where to start.

Derek: what is there to tell??

Paige:uh, just about everything that happened tonight!

Derek: we bought some snacks and hung out in the woods for a while.

Paige: and did what???

Derek: talk.

Paige: nothing else

Derek felt his cheeks warm. He knew she would assume something once he said they were alone in the woods.

Derek: yeah,why?

Paige: Der, we both know what people do when they're alone in the woods.

Derek: it wasn't like that i swear.

Paige: i know

Derek: we did kiss just at the end of the date.

Paige:WHAT!

Paige: WHY DIDN'T YOU START WITH THAT!?!

Derek: i don't know..

Paige: Omg how was it? Is he a bad kisser?

Derek: No, he's not a bad kisser. It was good i guess i don't know how to explain the kiss honestly.

Paige: um, easily, tongue no tongue? 

Derek felt his cheeks burn as he typed.

Derek: seriously Paige?

Paige: Yes.

Derek: no tongue.

Before Derek could read her response there was a soft knock on his door. He held back an irritated sigh and shut his laptop. He stood up from his seat and unlocked the door.  His mother stood there with a gentle smile.

"Dinner's ready."